Women wearing pants to church

SueMazza

I am a successful business woman and really want to wear some of my pantsuits to church. I have not done so yet because we wear dresses and that's just the way it is. But I really am conflicted: we are told to wear our "Sunday best" to church, and my "Sunday best" are my expensive pantsuits. I feel bad wearing a cheap skirt and sweater, that are clearly not my best clothing, to church when I have dozens of "better" outfits that I can't wear because they are pants. What say ye?

I believe the whole point of the phrase "sunday best" is to tell us that we need to take His religion seriously, that when we walk into His church we're doing so with as much reverence and respect as we can.

My daughter asked me this question too. I asked her if she would consider wearing an expensive pants suit when she got married. Her answer would probably match yours. :)

My wife gets all her sunday clothes at Goodwill and other thrift shops and she is regularly complimented on how nice she looks. It's a lot more work finding nice clothes at thrift shops but the price is worth it. Maybe give that a try?

I am a successful business woman and really want to wear some of my pantsuits to church. I have not done so yet because we wear dresses and that's just the way it is. But I really am conflicted: we are told to wear our "Sunday best" to church, and my "Sunday best" are my expensive pantsuits. I feel bad wearing a cheap skirt and sweater, that are clearly not my best clothing, to church when I have dozens of "better" outfits that I can't wear because they are pants. What say ye?

You wear what you can, thats all that matters.:)

I'm going to close this thread down. No offense Sue. We've had these discussions in the past as Wingnut has pointed out. The last one had to be closed down. You can refer to the threads that had been posted.