End Of Tour

Setheus

Is that supposed to be some kind of punishment? - "There, thats all you get to know about me guys. The history dept. is closed." Oh man, now I'll never be able to go on!

The whole thing is just not logical to me. If I want to hide myself, I simply wouldn't give out any info that could possibly identify me. I wouldn't have to make up stuff. Like I say, it doesn't matter. It's easy for me because I don't live close to any of you guys and it is VERY unlikely that I will ever meet you. Maybe I really AM and 80 year old man... oh yeah, there's Spencer and AFDaw who know me IRL! Killed my whole idea!

Originally posted by shanstress70@Oct 25 2005, 12:03 PM

Is that supposed to be some kind of punishment? - "There, thats all you get to know about me guys. The history dept. is closed."  Oh man, now I'll never be able to go on!

The whole thing is just not logical to me.  If I want to hide myself, I simply wouldn't  give out any info that could possibly identify me.  I wouldn't have to make up stuff.  Like I say, it doesn't matter.  It's easy for me because I don't live close to any of you guys and it is VERY unlikely that I will ever meet you.  Maybe I really AM and 80 year old man... oh yeah, there's Spencer and AFDaw who know me IRL!  Killed my whole idea!

Well I lied in a way that would boost that guys hope. He seemed really down *from what I remember of the post.* I wanted to help but didnt want to say so much about myself. And no not a punishment. Just a fact.

Shanstress,

I wasn't referring to your post, but to "Ben's".

Boy, for a 80 year old you are sure spirited! :D

I might be wrong, but I thought that when Setheus made the comment about the wife it was to give advice to someone because of marriage problems and at the time he thought being married ... would give a better understanding/view of the situation.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by begood2@Oct 25 2005, 01:28 PM

Shanstress,

I wasn't referring to your post, but to "Ben's".

Boy, for a 80 year old you are sure spirited! :D

I might be wrong, but I thought that when Setheus made the comment about the wife it was to give advice to someone because of marriage problems and at the time he thought being married ... would give a better understanding/view of the situation.

I wonder something.... on another thread it is being debated quite heavily whether or not a story has value if it is not true when presented as true.

Going from this point... would advice from an unmarried man presenting himself as married have real value? And if it is totally valid to do such a thing... why would it be so heatedly debated on the other thread about truth... presented as truth ?

Sheesh people!

Where is your faith?

BeGood....YOU are awesome! You have faith in someone you don't even know, going on what you feel inside.

Have I lied to anyone on this board? NO!! Yet, I have said that Setheus is OK....that he is a good and honorable man....and do you listen? NO!

Reasons? He HAS reasons .. He has explained some things.....Leave the man be!

No one needs to know any more PERIOD.

Man is fighting for YOUR country.... serving in YOUR military, defending YOUR children and you act like THIS! Geeeez

I don't believe in showing support to things that are bad or felonious....and I back Setheus, Eros and Massi 100% It's something called FAITH!

edited with:

It was a long day..and I come home to THIS THREAD! One that was started with happiness for one of OUR guys coming back HOME to the USA.

I for one am very glad that "EROS" gets to be going HOME....

I was really hoping for a little more celebration that one of our "heros" made it through some very tough times.

I hope and pray that they all get to come back home the same way they left.

I'm done venting

To each your own,

YOU GUYS BE SAFE OVERTHERE...the heck with everyone else.

Hey everyone. Be safe when you drive to the grocery store it is murder out there the way people drive and to all that are serving in the military, as a Marine, once a marine always a marine I am honored by your service.

I get goose bumps when the national anthem is played. I stand when the flag passes. I believe in "One nation under God" not One nation, under God.

I served and honor all that do.

Ben Raines

Lindy,

I thought that your post was great! :)

I see you as a very kind and compassionate "Lady", that we can all learn a little wisdom from! :)

I also agree with you that this thread was started with happiness for one of our guys coming back home safely to the USA. Maybe we can return to this topic and wish all the brave men and women serving in the military, a safe return! :D

Lets not turn this into a "I'm patriotic - you're not" thread, OK? If it makes me less patriotic because I don't believe someone after they've abused my trust, then so be it.

I am very patriotic. I DO support our troops. My brother is a Marine (first Gulf War), as was my grandfather, who fought in WW2. I simply don't put blind faith in anyone. I didn't have second thoughts about any of this until Setheus lied about who he is. That's not my fault... it's his for lying. Even if he lied to seemingly give better advice, it's not acceptable to lie. In fact, it is a question that is asked in a TR interview.

FAITH? Where is my FAITH? You are asking this, Lindy, because I don't believe someone now who has lied in the past? Have you personally met Setheus, Eros and Massi? If not, then you have no idea, and I think you're being very naive. It is dangerous to have blind faith... this is dangerous business. I know someone who fell for someone's online games. This person was really messed up by the whole thing. If you want to know, I'll tell you about it. Since that happened to her, if something smells fishy, I don't trust.

For ALL military men and women out there, including these three if they exist, I do appreciate your sacrifices. This country would be nothing if it weren't for military in the past and the present.

Lindy, you know I think you're awesome, and I mean none of this out of disrespect for you. Actually, quite the opposite. And the only reason I replied again is because I felt like I was being attacked somewhat for being judicial about who I trust. The Setheus thing is a non-issue for me. I have nothing at stake. However, I don't know if that's the case for everyone.

Setheus, just because I don't know when you're being honest, I still enjoy reading your posts. I could very possibly be wrong about all this. But that's OK, because I like reading your posts whether you're military or not, married or not, lesbian in Kansas or not!

I think some members started to be more cynical about large claims when a certain former member claimed to be a SEAL and said (among other things) that he carried a 300-pound rucksack on patrol...

These are the kind of claims that can't be proven (top secret job and all), and people can be forgiven for doubting the covert service claims of people they don't know.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by shanstress70@Oct 26 2005, 06:21 AM

Lets not turn this into a "I'm patriotic - you're not" thread, OK?  If it makes me less patriotic because I don't believe someone after they've abused my trust, then so be it.

I am very patriotic.  I DO support our troops.  My brother is a Marine (first Gulf War), as was my grandfather, who fought in WW2.  I simply don't put blind faith in anyone.  I didn't have second thoughts about any of this until Setheus lied about who he is.  That's not my fault... it's his for lying.  Even if he lied to seemingly give better advice, it's not acceptable to lie.  In fact, it is a question that is asked in a TR interview.

FAITH?  Where is my FAITH?  You are asking this, Lindy, because I don't believe someone now who has lied in the past?  Have you personally met Setheus, Eros and Massi?  If not, then you have no idea, and I think you're being very naive.  It is dangerous to have blind faith... this is dangerous business.  I know someone who fell for someone's online games.  This person was really messed up by the whole thing.  If you want to know, I'll tell you about it.  Since that happened to her, if something smells fishy, I don't trust.

For ALL military men and women out there, including these three if they exist, I do appreciate your sacrifices.  This country would be nothing if it weren't for military in the past and the present. 

Lindy, you know I think you're awesome, and I mean none of this out of disrespect for you.  Actually, quite the opposite.  And the only reason I replied again is because I felt like I was being attacked somewhat for being judicial about who I trust.  The Setheus thing is a non-issue for me.  I have nothing at stake.  However, I don't know if that's the case for everyone.

Setheus, just because I don't know when you're being honest, I still enjoy reading your posts.  I could very possibly be wrong about all this.  But that's OK, because I like reading your posts whether you're military or not, married or not, lesbian in Kansas or not!

HERE HERE!

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Outshined@Oct 26 2005, 06:38 AM

I think some members started to be more cynical about large claims when a certain former member claimed to be a SEAL and said (among other things) that he carried a 300-pound rucksack on patrol...

These are the kind of claims that can't be proven (top secret job and all), and people can be forgiven for doubting the covert service claims of people they don't know.

You know my brother was in the army... and had news articles written up about his heroic stuff... plus a lot of medals .... these are proof of what he told us... and he didn't really tell us very much... kept it to himself... we found the news papers and medals after he moved to Texas to become a Marshal... he also did undercover down there in the drug scene...

He is validated.

Originally posted by Setheus@Oct 20 2005, 01:34 PM

Eros Augustus is going home in the near future. He has completed his deployment of 9 months.  That will make Quaz the new team leader and of course Massiliamo and I are still here.  Not gonna be as fun without him.

On the bright side it will be interesting to see what kind of trouble I can get myself into without "jimminy cricket" always on my shoulder LOL j/k

Setheus,

I am happy for Eros and I am sure you will miss him. As far as you getting into trouble without him around...no I don't think so you are better then you think you are. :)

Setheus has brought the war and those who fight for us up close and personal to me, if that is wrong then I will go down with him. Setheus has given me more then I could ever give back and for that I am thankful. I don't need to know every detail about him but what I know I like.

Setheus, I got your back too. ;)

Originally posted by Please@Oct 26 2005, 08:41 AM

You know my brother was in the army... and had news articles written up about his heroic stuff... plus a lot of medals ....  these are proof of what he told us... and he didn't really tell us very much... kept it to himself... we found the news papers and medals after he moved to Texas to become a Marshal... he also did undercover down there in the drug scene...

He is validated.

Yes you saw proof, and know him personally.

Which really doesn't have anything to do with going on an internet message board and claiming to be a SEAL. The problem is that there are many people doing it, to the point that there is an organization devoted to confronting imposters. Anyone can claim it, and as a whole, people have grown cynical of such claims.

Such as the poster I mentioned; his claim about the 300-pound rucksacks was ludicrous. I've asked SEALs about it myself; they laughed about it, but weren't happy about his claiming to be one of them on the boards.

The bottom line is that if Ben or anyone else is skeptical about such claims made here, it's with good reason, as they are strangers and we've all seen such imposters before. I don't believe everything I read, nor expect others to.

Originally posted by BenRaines@Oct 25 2005, 08:06 PM

Hey everyone.  Be safe when you drive to the grocery store it is murder out there the way people drive and to all that are serving in the military, as a Marine, once a marine always a marine I am honored by your service.

I get goose bumps when the national anthem is played.  I stand when the flag passes.  I believe in "One nation under God" not One nation, under God.

Ben Raines

Hey I remember you now , I think....by your avatar arent you CyberCop? Wow, you knew me back when I was a jack a**....dont worry I'm a lot different now towards people then when you knew me as the Black Rainbow.

Anywho, nice to see you again!

Originally posted by Outshined@Oct 26 2005, 05:38 AM

You're talking about Trident aka TR2 :wow: That guy was annoying. :glare:

Anyways, I just want to point out that I dont try and sound like "Rambo"...besides Rambo was Army I'm a sailor :sparklygrin:

I try to only mention my military actions when it happenes to be a life experience that can be applied to a topic directly to add to the value of the conversation.

I used to gloat but then I grew up.

On another note since Eros left and Massi never comes around I'm gonna see if I can get Quaz to join up. No promises LOL

Originally posted by BenRaines@Oct 25 2005, 08:06 PM

Hey everyone.  Be safe when you drive to the grocery store it is murder out there the way people drive and to all that are serving in the military, as a Marine, once a marine always a marine I am honored by your service.

I get goose bumps when the national anthem is played.  I stand when the flag passes.  I believe in "One nation under God" not One nation, under God.

Ben Raines

Thanks for that great post Ben Raines.... I get a bit protective about our military personnel sometimes. Lost a friend in Iraq last year, and know many who are in the military. Good man who stands when the flag passes....not a lot of respect is shown anymore for our flag or our country.

Shan/Please..... I really am sorry if I was coming off rather forceful....but I do have to take a stand for things I believe in and that includes people. I like both of you very much, and there are not many things I explode over....but the military is a fuse that is easy to light for me. I know you have your own opinions, and I value you them....I agree that one should be careful. And trust is something very precious.

You're talking about Trident aka TR2  That guy was annoying. 

When the man asked me to post names, ranks and locations of friends I have (or had) in the military; my fuse ignited and I exploded. HOW DARE HE want me to endanger my friends to prove something. That's when I REALLY knew he was a wanna be , no Navy SEAL would EVER endanger a life like that. I let him have it full barrel, didn't pull any stops in my verbal thrashing....and if I knew how to track him down... I would have done more.

P.S. Thanks Gurl....but I wasn't being much of an example for ya :blush:

SF....we will just keep together and conquer everything! :)

I have absolutely no problem with someone on a message board being misleading or not stating the whole truth about their identity. Most of us here would do it if we are smart about things.

You don't know who's watching or taking notes about you, and the less personal information you give out about yourself in a public place, the better. I can think of at least one person who posts regularly here, who has freely given out enough information about themself that if someone became obsessed with them, it would not be hard to find that person and where they live. That, my friends, is a scary thought. You don't know everyone who reads these boards. Sure, you may be responding personally to one or two people here, but the information you give out about yourself is clearly visible to everybody who bothers to read it.

I strongly urge those who post here to not give out any personal information or any form of information which would help someone else find out their true identity or exact location.

Originally posted by john doe@Oct 28 2005, 08:59 PM

You don't know who's watching or taking notes about you, and the less personal information you give out about yourself in a public place, the better. I can think of at least one person who posts regularly here, who has freely given out enough information about themself that if someone became obsessed with them, it would not be hard to find that person and where they live. That, my friends, is a scary thought. You don't know everyone who reads these boards. Sure, you may be responding personally to one or two people here, but the information you give out about yourself is clearly visible to everybody who bothers to read it.

I strongly urge those who post here to not give out any personal information or any form of information which would help someone else find out their true identity or exact location.

We had a guy here a few years ago who used his real name and gave a link to his family web site, which contained pictures of his little girls. Using that, I emailed him his address, phone number, and Mapquest directions to his house.

I think he got the point.

Thanks for that great post Ben Raines.... I get a bit protective about our military personnel sometimes. Lost a friend in Iraq last year, and know many who are in the military. Good man who stands when the flag passes....not a lot of respect is shown anymore for our flag or our country.

This is a reply from a long time ago!!... but I am not even from the states and I have an American flag on my wall... a huge one in fact right over the head of my bed. So you could say that I sleep under the protection of an American flag every night!!.... Go figure me being the pure blood canuck that I am!!!!.... but actually the American flag is my favorite flag of all those I have seen. and the Union Jack comes in with a close second!!!

Originally posted by Amy@Nov 1 2005, 01:28 PM

This is a reply from a long time ago!!... but I am not even from the states and I have an American flag on my wall... a huge one in fact right over the head of my bed. So you could say that I sleep under the protection of an American flag every night!!.... Go figure me being the pure blood canuck that I am!!!!.... but actually the American flag is my favorite flag of all those I have seen. and the Union Jack comes in with a close second!!!

On US war ships the Union Jack was flown at the bow of the ship when ever pulled into port or anchored at sea. Just about a year and a half ago the Navy went back to the old "Dont tred on me". Instead of the blue field with stars like the Union Jack its a field of the red and white stripes with a snake and the words "Dont tred on me". Its not a new design. It predates the Union Jack. I like it. Snakes arent dangerous unless you tred on them...then, LOOK OUT!

Originally posted by Amy@Nov 1 2005, 01:28 PM

A LONG time ago? LOL AMY....seems like life is passing by more quickly than I thought! ;) Glad to know there are others who enjoy the comfort of the US flag.

The "Don't Tread On Me" flag flying on US War Ships....I remember seeing an article about that...something about displaying the flag during the war on terrorism...called the Navy Jack.....it's history is really something else. Found the link! http://www.navyjack.info/history.html for those interested in a little history of one of the great flags of the USA !

A little known fact is that the rattlesnake had been a symbol of resistance against the British and that the first was flown in 1776! It was the flag of the colonies during the Revolutionary war against England. "DON'T TREAD ON ME"

And Setheus was right about the snake....best thing to do is not to mess with a snake at all! Just to leave them alone, cause "we" WILL strike!

Actually I have a renewed respect for our local area rattlesnakes now ;)