Temple Classes?

lisajo

The other night some one called my husband and asked us to take Temple classes...He could hear the Bishop in the back ground saying Make them give you a commitment! ......Ok well my husband and I were sealed in the temple ETC. I thought these classes were for Members who havent gone to the Temple, Any answers out there for me?

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by lisajo@Oct 24 2005, 01:27 PM

The other night some one called my husband and asked us to take Temple classes...He could hear the Bishop in the back ground saying Make them give you a commitment! ......Ok well my husband and I were sealed in the temple ETC. I thought these classes were for Members who havent gone to the Temple, Any answers out there for me?

Maybe the ward is required to have a temple ready class and they don't have any non-sealed people... so they are asking those who are already sealed to fill the seats...

They did that once with us for a Marriage class... we didn't need... we went and taught the teacher a few things... LOL :lol:

Originally posted by Please+Oct 24 2005, 11:33 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-lisajo@Oct 24 2005, 01:27 PM

Maybe the ward is required to have a temple ready class and they don't have any non-sealed people... so they are asking those who are already sealed to fill the seats...

They did that once with us for a Marriage class... we didn't need... we went and taught the teacher a few things... LOL :lol:

I really think this new Bishop doesnt even know we had gone to the Temple. I think He is just assuming Since we werent that active for some time

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by lisajo+Oct 24 2005, 01:47 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Oct 24 2005, 11:33 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-lisajo@Oct 24 2005, 01:27 PM

I really think this new Bishop doesnt even know we had gone to the Temple. I think He is just assuming Since we werent that active for some time

That could be... maybe he just wants to bring you up to speed... I know my daughter just finished the course for her to go through for the first time... she said it was really good... and she was glad she took it...

Maybe it would be fun to go through and see what all they teach ya... maybe I will go through one just so I know what they are teaching... :)

Originally posted by lisajo@Oct 24 2005, 01:27 PM

Hello,

Did you commit to go?

The same thing happened to us years ago. We went and it was good. :)

Originally posted by lisajo@Oct 24 2005, 12:27 PM

lisajo - You could always call up the Bishop and ask him why he wants you to go. Then he can explain himself.

M.

lisajo,

I knew a lisajo up in the northern part of nowhere in Nevada. Are you her?

Perhaps Bishop wanted you to attend for a refresher course. Always things to learn be i t Sunday School, Priesthood class.

Maybe needed you there to help others to learn. I have been invited to a class as a plant to help others in the class.

I have taught the temple class, I have been sealed in the temple and I have been an ordinance worker at the temple. I would love to take the temple class - I would consider the opportunity a great honor. I would sacrifice other things and commit in a heart beat.

The Traveler

Here is another thought,

You might be invited to bring your experience in to the class.

I loved having someone not the teacher to ask questions.

I was married to a non-member for many years; people in the church have this code in talking around the temple with out spilling the beans to a person who is not endowed yet. So I had little snippet that confused me.

It is as if they talk about the Temple like it’s a trip to Disney Land.

Then one sister said I did not like the “feet washing thing”, you put that together with an apron remark and you have the un-endowed member thinking. Ok I am not serving a meal and I am not comfortable washing others feet.

I finely asked this sister about my thoughts and after giggle, she told me I had nothing to fear and she encouraged to ask questions.

The Disney Land impression up sets me the most. When I went to the temple, I was ready for the peaceful blessings.

Members should not make remarks that give someone that impression.

Statements not to make are.

You have not been to the Temple yet you don’t now that that is wrong.

Wait till you get to the temple its nothing you have experience before.

And so on.