Music

Amy

Random I know and really has nothing to do with anything that anybody talks about here... BUT....

I am downloading a bunch of music and I can't think of anything to download... can ya'll help me out with some good music...

ANY kind of music, oldies, country, rap, pop, r&b, hip hop, disco, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's........ EVERYTHING.... Tell me what is your favorite song!!!

THANK YOU a TON!!!!

Much love Amy

Just some examples:

Creed is really good as is Evanescence (both Christian crossover rock). Metallica (depends on the songs but great ergogenic music for running/mountain biking. What type of music do you like -- fast (techno), energetic (rock, some gothic), soft music, music from the US, UK, Germany, Sweden or Russia?

I second Coldplay. The Killers are a great new band. Also, being a bit of an 80's junkie, I have to suggest Sting, The Cure, Tears for Fears, Asia, Michael McDonald, also try 'Tenderness' by General Public. I could go on for hours, but I will control myself.

And last but not least, if you have a child, you MUST download 'Christopher Robin' (or maybe it's 'Pooh's Corner') by Kenny Loggins. I played that every night at bedtime when my son was a baby, and still play it once in a while... and I cry EVERY TIME!

Since I now know that you are Canadian Amy, I will offer some Canadian talent suggestions. How about Hawksley Workman and Big Sugar. Big Sugar no longer are together but Gordie Johnson the main lead vocals has a very recognizable voice (who is now with Grady) and the band did a wonderful instrumental version of O Canada!

M.

Guest Taoist_Saint

I like some rap but mostly stuff from the 80's...RUN DMC and Beastie Boys especially. "Crossover" rap is good too...like Urban Dance Squad and Rage Against the Machine.

I am mainly a "rock" guy. I haven't kept up with many new bands for about 5 years...I guess I am at that age where I don't care anymore.

But I do agree with someone here who mentioned a great newer band called "The Killers". How can you NOT like a song that says "Somebody told me that you have a boyfriend that looks like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year..." :lol:

I heard that guys was from small Utah town too.

Then there is the stuff that is "newer" but not new: Limp Bizkit and Korn are two of my favorites in that category.

But I still have my "old" favorites: Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Midnight Oil, Tragically Hip, Tea Party (there's two for my fellow Canadians), U2, etc.

And the stuff from before my generation: James Brown, Led Zepplin, The Doors...

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@Nov 1 2005, 05:23 PM

But I do agree with someone here who mentioned a great newer band called "The Killers".  How can you NOT like a song that says "Somebody told me that you have a boyfriend that looks like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year..."  :lol:

Yep; I saw an interview that mentioned that the singer is LDS. B)

Originally posted by Outshined@Nov 1 2005, 03:45 PM

A fusion of country and rap? Would that be called "crap"?  :lol:  :lol:

Wooo! I kill me... B)

ROFL....OHHHHH that was Excellent!

I do love my country music...but I am very diversified in my music taste ....

I love other stuff too. I smile looking at what others have posted..Tears For Fears, ohhh Michael McDonald...Queen, The Doors, Pearl Jam, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Led Zepplin, Green Day. Artists and groups I really like too! Good taste in music guys and gals!

I also like Celtic, Folk, and Hymns...and can't forget Neal Diamond, Iron Butterfly, The Doobies, CCR, Metallica, Joan Baez, and Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass.!

I'm a strange breed! :)

I like Green Day, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Alanis Morrisette, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, No Doubt, Usher, Nelly, Marvin Gaye, Eminem(Some of him anyway), Naugty By Nature, LL Cool J, Sugar Hill Gang, Faith Hill, Kelly Clarkson, Cher, Pat Benatar,Simple Plan, Madonna, and the list could go on awhile. Oh!! I love all the old hair bands from the 80's like Poison, Quiet Riot, Cinderella, Ratt, Slaughter Etc.

Originally posted by Outshined+Nov 1 2005, 06:31 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Taoist_Saint@Nov 1 2005, 05:23 PM

But I do agree with someone here who mentioned a great newer band called "The Killers".  How can you NOT like a song that says "Somebody told me that you have a boyfriend that looks like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year..."   :lol:

Yep; I saw an interview that mentioned that the singer is LDS. B)

Yep, an LDS guy who smokes, drinks, etc. I heard that too.