Request For Prayers

Guest ApostleKnight

Guest ApostleKnight

This morning, my dad was on his way to a stake meeting at the stk. ctr. 30 min. away. It was about 5:30am. In a 35mph speed zone, an oncoming van swerved over the line and hit him head on. He was driving a VW Golf (small car). He was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. He is unconscious (has been for over 12 hours), has a broken left hip socket, left knee, right elbow, right forearm/wrist, skull fractures on his cheeks and forehead, and slight bleeding in the brain (which appears to have stopped). His brain was also bruised slightly. He hasn't yet regained consciousness, my mom's at the hospital with him. I came home to grab some things and head back up. I don't know if I'll be on the net for a few days, he's got lots of surgery ahead of him if he wakes up. At least my dad's father (my grandpa) and I got to give him a blessing when we got to the hospital.

I'm not someone who believes in changing God's will through prayer. I do believe in prayer. If my father has reached his time to go to the other side, I won't argue about it. But if anyone, of any religion would remember my family in their prayers, just in a general sense (my mom is taking it verrrrry hard) like comfort or something, I'd appreciate it. Thanks and God bless you all with whatever you may be going through right now too.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by ApostleKnight@Nov 6 2005, 09:14 PM

This morning, my dad was on his way to a stake meeting at the stk. ctr. 30 min. away. It was about 5:30am. In a 35mph speed zone, an oncoming van swerved over the line and hit him head on. He was driving a VW Golf (small car). He was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. He is unconscious (has been for over 12 hours), has a broken left hip socket, left knee, right elbow, right forearm/wrist, skull fractures on his cheeks and forehead, and slight bleeding in the brain (which appears to have stopped). His brain was also bruised slightly. He hasn't yet regained consciousness, my mom's at the hospital with him. I came home to grab some things and head back up. I don't know if I'll be on the net for a few days, he's got lots of surgery ahead of him if he wakes up. At least my dad's father (my grandpa) and I got to give him a blessing when we got to the hospital.

I'm not someone who believes in changing God's will through prayer. I do believe in prayer. If my father has reached his time to go to the other side, I won't argue about it. But if anyone, of any religion would remember my family in their prayers, just in a general sense (my mom is taking it verrrrry hard) like comfort or something, I'd appreciate it. Thanks and God bless you all with whatever you may be going through right now too.

You and yours are in my prayers.

Guest ToasterOfen

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I will ask for peace and comfort for your family, and if it be God's will, for your dad to make a complete and speedy recovery. No matter God's will, you and your family will get through this.

My prayers are with you!