How do you get to the stake dances?

semodex

I am a yw leader and just wonder how other wards get their youth to stake dances. We meet the youth at 5:30, drive them to the dance, stay for the dance, then bring them back to the meeting place for parents to pick up at 11:30 (it is a long drive to the dance!). Just wondering how it's done where you live! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

People in my stake provide there on rides or carpool. It is the parents or familes responsibility to arrange rides....some dances are an hour away or more- thats a long way to go if your not chaperoning....and people in my ward can live up to 45 mins away from each other....that plus the car ride is 2 hours of driving just one way!

I am the new YW president and this same question has arisen. One of my counselors expects the parents to drop them off at her home and then go from there because it would be out of the way for her to go to the church. But it is out of the way for kids to go to her house rather than the church. How do you resolve something like this? Is there anything written somewhere that says we need to provide the rides at all? I would love some advice.

Thanks to all!

I'm feeling a little taken advantage of and grumpy and wondered if there was some option to driving to every dance. Parents driving would be amazing!! No parent ever offers to drive, says thank you, or offers gas money. Our girls are wonderful and really try to live the standards. I think I'm just feeling overwhelmed with all that is asked of us. Sorry for my murmuring.....