Will MSNBC go away?

boyando

For my part I hope they don't last too much longer. I can barely stand to hear Olberman's voice, much less pay attention to what he's saying.

Unfortunately I have the same problem with our current president. I don't hate either of them, there's just something about them that causes me to...I don't know how to say it...absolutely recoil at what they say....as though not one word of it has any truth at all.

I don't have this same problem with any other major political or media types....it's just weird I guess.

For my part I hope they don't last too much longer. I can barely stand to hear Olberman's voice, much less pay attention to what he's saying.

Unfortunately I have the same problem with our current president. I don't hate either of them, there's just something about them that causes me to...I don't know how to say it...absolutely recoil at what they say....as though not one word of it has any truth at all.

I don't have this same problem with any other major political or media types....it's just weird I guess.

When I listen to Olberman it makes me think anyone can do what he is doing....

MSNBC is a propaganda machine, in my opinion. America can use less of that.

Actually, I could do without 95% of what is on tv in general. So much sleeze and filth and lying. We own a tv, but usually only watch Glenn Beck, some of Fox News (even then the immodest dress of the info-babes is disgusting), and we mostly use our tv to watch home videos. (Sorry for the thread drift - tv has so much potential to do good, but is currently being misused.)

Guest Godless

I find it funny that the same arguments against MSNBC can be used against Fox news by those on the other side of the political spectrum. People are a lot alike in their reactions, proof we are all a part of the same family :P

Eh, I dislike both networks.

MSNBC is a propaganda machine, in my opinion. America can use less of that.

Actually, I could do without 95% of what is on tv in general. So much sleeze and filth and lying. We own a tv, but usually only watch Glenn Beck, some of Fox News (even then the immodest dress of the info-babes is disgusting), and we mostly use our tv to watch home videos. (Sorry for the thread drift - tv has so much potential to do good, but is currently being misused.)

But... Fox News and Glenn Beck is nothing but propaganda every bit as bad as MSNBC. It is a terrible source of news.

BBC World News is the most impartial news outlet in the world. Some people dislike that.

It will occasionally have some biases show up, which is inevitable when people are involved(It's difficult to be impartial, for instance, when you're interviewing Charles Manson - The BBC is supposed to, though, which is noble). In fact, people get fired when the BBC loses its impartiality.

Glenn Beck had a documentary exposing a lot of what is behind or has led up to the "progressive movement" today. It appears to me that the progressive movement is behind MSNBC and also the BBC which tends to be liberal.

I will agree that FOX has its share of bias, but I don't think it's possible for any human being to be totally neutral when it comes to news. This is because we all hold to one worldview or another.

Still, FOX tends to at least give both sides of the issue much more than the other networks.

This gives some info on the progressive movement. It's origins are pretty sordid and that's what Beck exposed in last week's commentary.

YouTube - Glenn Beck A Closer Look At The Progressive Movement

I tend not to watch Glenn Beck. Not because I dislike the man, but because his worldview is so skewed as to make his observations incorrect.

Did he mention President Eisenhower as a founder of modern progressivism?

The truth is, Eisenhower would be a moderate and certainly not the far left, but he would be considered a flaming liberal by certain members of the right thanks to quotes like:

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms in not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense."

and

"We cannot afford to reduce taxes, reduce income,until we have in sight a program of expenditure that shows that the factors of income and outgo will be balanced."

and on preventative war:

“All of us have heard this term ‘preventive war’ since the earliest days of Hitler. I recall that is about the first time I heard it. In this day and time, if we believe for one second that nuclear fission and fusion, that type of weapon, would be used in such a war—what is a preventive war? I would say a preventive war, if the words mean anything, is to wage some sort of quick police action in order that you might avoid a terrific cataclysm of destruction later. A preventive war, to my mind, is an impossibility today. How could you have one if one of its features would be several cities lying in ruins, several cities where many, many thousands of people would be dead and injured and mangled, the transportation systems destroyed, sanitation implements and systems all gone? That isn’t preventive war; that is war. I don’t believe there is such a thing; and, frankly, I wouldn’t even listen to anyone seriously that came in and talked about such a thing.”

Ironically, some of my favourite Republican presidents would be hated by many Republicans today. And, for those who think I'm slamming the Republicans, here is why Democrats would hate JFK were he alive and running today:

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."

and

"Today the expenditure of billions of dollars every year on weapons acquired for the purpose of making sure we never need them is essential to the keeping of peace."

and

"Lower rates of taxation will stimulate economic activity and so raise the levels of personal and corporate income as to yield within a few years an increased – not a reduced – flow of revenues to the federal government."

"In today's economy, fiscal prudence and responsibility call for tax reduction even if it temporarily enlarges the federal deficit – why reducing taxes is the best way open to us to increase revenues."

and

"Our tax system still siphons out of the private economy too large a share of personal and business purchasing power and reduces the incentive for risk, investment and effort – thereby aborting our recoveries and stifling our national growth rate."

If I were to guess, Glenn Beck wouldn't have mentioned those great men who contributed to the progressivist movement and instead would concentrate on people like Rockefeller who have alternately been described as 'Captain of Industry' and 'Robber Baron'. If you say it's safe to watch this video, I will, but if I hear one word about how Rockefeller was responsible in any way, shape or form for modern progressivism, I swear I will scream and then roll my eyes at its bias.

Glenn Beck had a documentary exposing a lot of what is behind or has led up to the "progressive movement" today. It appears to me that the progressive movement is behind MSNBC and also the BBC which tends to be liberal.

I will agree that FOX has its share of bias, but I don't think it's possible for any human being to be totally neutral when it comes to news. This is because we all hold to one worldview or another.

Still, FOX tends to at least give both sides of the issue much more than the other networks.

This gives some info on the progressive movement. It's origins are pretty sordid and that's what Beck exposed in last week's commentary.

YouTube - Glenn Beck A Closer Look At The Progressive Movement