Finally... my Baptism

Guest mirancs8

Guest mirancs8

It's been a long time waiting for this day to arrive and finally it will soon be here! Saturday, March 6

I of course pick the most complicated time to do it. About 6 weeks ago I started a new job and my spouse and I split up after 13 years together. On top of that I have 2 young boys. I had a strong feeling within me to do it now rather than later. I felt so content when I did set the date for the Baptism. Plus being that it's been well over 7 years that I've wanted to do it... let's just say the day cannot come soon enough for me. ;)

I will tell you that I've had so many things happen since I've set the date I don't know how I didn't just turn around and say, "forget it! We're moving the Baptism date for another time." :eek: Bad thoughts, wanting to stop the Baptism, things getting in the way, court date on Tues., and many things complicating this exciting time in my life.

It's funny because being someone who is not use to being the center of attention it's been a big adjustment for me. Everyone has been so accommodating, genuinely kind, and so very helpful. I consider myself very fortunately to have such a wonderful Ward where the people are so welcoming and feel like family.

No family will be there BUT I will have a few very dear friends as well as people from my old Ward and this Ward. The missionaries who have been with me since I've moved to this new house got transferred this past Wednesday. I was sad about that not wanting them to miss the Baptism. Well got the good news today that the one is only a few minute away and he said he'll definitely be there. Made my day.

So keep me in your prayers that I make it through this week without any obstacles!

:D

Edited by mirancs8

Congrats on your upcoming baptism. Pray a lot, read your scriptures throughout the week. It will bring you a lot of strength to overcome. Satan seems to work really hard on those the closer they get to baptism. But it's definately worth it.

As my baptism day approached everything that could of gone wrong did! By the time I got to the church building to get baptized I was overwhelmed and exhausted. When the program started I felt myself calm down and felt total reassurance that what I was doing was the right thing. Congrats on your upcoming baptism and know that everything will work out.

Pray for Father to banish the adversary from you. Get blessings- the missionaries will be more than happy to bless youm you just have to ask - Satan really hates when someone gets baptized and goes to the Temple, your getting baptized is just ticking him off. Blessings give you the strength to fight him off.

BTW- Congratulations!! :)