Baptismal clothing?

kalagasa

I'm days away from being baptized however the lady we needed to call to try on the clothing won't answer my phone calls and I'm afraid I won't have the proper clothing for the day. Is there specific clothing I must have to be baptized in? I know it is suppose to be all white but must it be pants? A jumpsuit? Skirt? I'm worried that I won't be ready. Any advise would be great. Thanks a bunch!

the missionaries should have access to the baptismal clothes. in the end you can be baptized in anything white basically. for sisters i think a dress is nice, have to make sure you have a proper slip, etc to make sure you aren't showing once wet. the church often provides a jumpsuit with a built in lining so there won't be any showing through.

Cloth floats in water. Some don't. So, just think about that too. I just used one the church had that fit me. It floated a bit, but I just clamped the hems between my knees to make sure it doesn't float up too high.

Guest mysticmorini

don't worry about it they should have a number of jumpsuits in various sizes on hand. I dont think there is a requirement that one must be baptized in white i'm pretty sure it just tradition.

Congratulations! I'm looking at being baptized in May. Could you please share your baptism experience with the forum so I can read about it?

I read that wearing flesh-colored underwear is a good idea. If you wear makeup, use waterproof mascara. And don't forget to bring a hairdryer and a change of clothing (including dry underwear!) with you.

don't worry about it they should have a number of jumpsuits in various sizes on hand. I dont think there is a requirement that one must be baptized in white i'm pretty sure it just tradition.

Actually, the handbooks do state that both the person being baptized and the person doing the baptizing wear white clothing that is not transparent when wet.

However, in a pinch, I bet most bishops would go ahead anyway.

Guest mysticmorini

Actually, the handbooks do state that both the person being baptized and the person doing the baptizing wear white clothing that is not transparent when wet.

However, in a pinch, I bet most bishops would go ahead anyway.

i meant that its not doctrinal to wear white.

Finally got a hold on the lady yesterday and got the white jumpsuits. Haden't realized that my husband, who will be baptizing me, needed to have all white as well. Good thing I asked! I will post pictures and my experience with it after all is said and done. Tomorrow is the big day! I'm sooo excited! This has defiantly been a couple weeks of pure joy! First being married to my sweetheart and now baptism! LIFE IS GREAT! :D

Well keep in mind these jumpsuits are for a wide variety of people, sizes, figures etc. They aren't meant to be flattering, just to fulfill the requirement of wearing white for baptism.

Guest mirancs8

Jumpsuit worked for me thought it was in no way flattering!! But really it really doesn't matter. Congrats on your baptism! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Had my confirmation today! What a wonderful journey. My husband had to dunk me a couple times during the baptism because the jumpsuit I was wearing was too big and just kept floating. However after all was said and done the experience was amazing. It's hard to describe to a T exactly how I felt but I did feel extremely light after I got out of the font, almost like I could just float away. I also had a strong feeling of a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders. I was okay changing and drying off. I offered a personal prayer before I left the changing room and as soon as I saw my husband waiting for me in the hallway I hugged him tightly and the Spirit finally hit me, really hard. I nearly fell to my knees I was crying so hard. My father-in-law and close friends of the Church confirmed me today, which was also our Fast and Testimony meeting. The Spirit today was the strongest I had ever felt in my life. This journey has been hard, but I am extremely grateful for all those that have persevered with me and now I'm on my start to a new life!

Edited by kalagasa
threw in an extra word by accident :3