Laser pointer during worship???

Choseph

Today at the temple we did our usual pageant and it was great except there was this one guy (I'm assuming it was a guy but it could have been a girl) that decided to bring his laser pointer with him and shine it on the choir and other people at the front. I'm not really sure how to respond to this … we get a lot of visitors on Easter but this is really uncalled for. Has anyone dealt with anything like this before? It was really distracting and got me all torched up.

I'm sure he meant the chapel as opposed to the temple. I'm not aware of any temples that are even open on a Sunday, let alone having easter pageants and choirs.

Anyway, kids will be kids. I was known for this kind of mischief in YMs. Best thing to do is try and find out where it's coming from, and speak to the person in question after the meeting is over. If there is a repeat of it next time, speak to either the kids parents or leaders.

From how it was stated, I would have assumed that Choseph was Jewish, in which subculture it is common to say "going to temple" (not the lack of 'the') as we (LDS) would say "going to church." It would also seem appropriate that a jewish temple would see many visitors on Easter, which isn't particularly the case in an LDS chapel.

Guest mormonmusic

I think laser pointers can also hurt your eyes -- we had an incident like this at a school where a student shined it in people's faces and then out came this policy that laser pointers weren't allowed. So, it's definitely inappropriate and potentially harmful, based on the fast reaction of our administration to a similar incident....

The use of "temple" and references to being at worship services today is consistent with Choseph's attempts at acting LDS while being ignorant of nuance, which in and of itself is pretty inconsistent in his posts.

It was probably a teenager whose parents forced him to go to church today.

It would also seem appropriate that a jewish temple would see many visitors on Easter, which isn't particularly the case in an LDS chapel.

Do Jews celebrate Easter? I know that their Sabbath isn't even on Sunday, but on Saturday. To me, it seems that they wouldn't even be open on Easter.

The use of "temple" and references to being at worship services today is consistent with Choseph's attempts at acting LDS while being ignorant of nuance, which in and of itself is pretty inconsistent in his posts.

It was probably a teenager whose parents forced him to go to church today.

Do Jews celebrate Easter? I know that their Sabbath isn't even on Sunday, but on Saturday. To me, it seems that they wouldn't even be open on Easter.

I would admit to this except that I just made a big deal about likable arrogance. So, let me just say this:

CRAP! I HATE LOOKING LIKE AN IDIOT!

I blame it on a fried brain from too much Conference.

I would admit to this except that I just made a big deal about likable arrogance. So, let me just say this:

CRAP! I HATE LOOKING LIKE AN IDIOT!

I blame it on a fried brain from too much Conference.

A touch late but still applicable I think. :)

Posted Image

:P

They celebrate something they call "Passover". Probably happens at sundown on a "Good Friday" or even a mediocre one. ;)

We should all be thankful that whoever did this, did not use an industrial strength laser and take out the choir. Where would we be without HiJolly?