Off-Topic: Anyone Ever Try Lucid Dreaming?

Melissa569

Lucid Dreaming Frequently Asked Questions Answered by The Lucidity Institute Based on research at Stanford sleep labs.

LD'ing is awesome but takes some training for most people. It is a well studied and scientifically proven state that has nothing to do with astral travel. It could be considered a mystical state or a step towards enlightenment but as far as science is concerned it has been established as an objective reality that can be demonstrated in a sleep lab. It has also been found that it can be learned.

About half the population report in surveys that they have gained consciousness while asleep and dreaming but most all of them awaken immediately or reason away the insight and return to a non-lucid dreaming state. The trick is to remain in the dream while knowing it is a dream. It's an exhilarating experience especially in the beginning. But I have habituated to them and so often fall into a "dream of a lucid dream" where I am largely unconsciously modeling a world I expect to see from previous memories of LD's. I'm working on that though. I think it's important not to take life for granted and that includes the time we spend in dreams. It's just too easy to let life go by with out actively participating.

I'm still trying to figure out why someone would want to try to control their dreams? It seem like it would get in the way of the brains ability to reorganize all the inputs for the day. Plus, whenever I get lucid, I always wake up with a headache. Trust me, it's not all it's cracked up to be, nor does it eliminate nightmares.