Awesome!

shanstress70

He took care of bidness; I just hope she's telling the truth, since dad's facing a felony charge.

We had a similar situation locally last year and the student turned out to be making it up. :o

EDIT: I notice on that site that the Vermont judge changed his sentence for the child rapist. :animatedthumbsup:

It's so easy to get so righteously enraged about this kind of stuff. BUT, the child could be mistaken. We had a case several years back, where a teenage daughter went to the pastor's wife for counseling. The parents brought her. The wife had a degree in counseling, but was not a licensed therapist. To make a long story short, through "regression therapy," the daughter recalled that her father had molested her, even using knives.

After two years, the minister losing his ordination, the family being horribly split up, the father's lawyer ordered that the daughter be medically examined. Yeah...she was still a virgin. There was no medical evidence that any of the memories were true...and indeed they could not have been.

I don't believe the girl was lying. I don't believe the counselor intended to plant false memories. BUT, the daughter was terribly wrong. The minister got his ordination back, plus a $1,000,000 settlement. The family slowly healed. BUT, WOW!

I for one, try never to rush to judgment-even when it seems so certain.

It is too bad how many lives can be destroyed or badly damaged by lies just to get even or because we are trying to cover our own behinds. Lies can be so harmful, and not to just the one telling them, but to everyone that they effect too. Is there any wonder why God said: "Thou Shall not bare false witness." ?

I hope the teachers aide has some undersatnding given the climate in the world today where everyone seems to be touching something they shouldn't.

We had a case in our county a few years back where the fellow who works at the local store here had an altercation with a guy that involved a gun and the shootee losing the necessary equipment to, shall we say, procreate. The shooter found the man in the kitchen when he came in the door after work and heard his daughter screaming and so proceeded to relieve the shootee of this burden he seemed to be having trouble with. He never spent one day in jail. The other fellow, I imagine, is seriously thinking of getting his application in now forthe Vienna boys choir after he gets out of jail. There may some advantage to living is a rural county.

B)

It is too bad how many lives can be destroyed or badly damaged by lies just to get even or because we are trying to cover our own behinds. Lies can be so harmful, and not to just the one telling them, but to everyone that they effect too. Is there any wonder why God said: "Thou Shall not bare false witness." ?

I so agree with you Josie, too many people in the nation don't think of the commandments. I have sooo many scriptures about lies and falsehoods ....actually Just Looking started me looking them up awhile ago during a discussion about lies.