8: Mormon Proposition

Spencer

... But it would be silly not to logically deduce that a vast majority was donated through these means as it is how members are used to giving money...

I'd be careful about presuming the silliness of logical deductions. I have paid tithing my whole life and I have donated to a number of causes, political and otherwise... and never once have I made those donations through the church tithes and offerings process. Also having served in a position of financial responsibility within the church, I can tell you that my experience is that few, if any members donate to "causes" through this means. Tithing, F.O., Missionary, Humanitarian... that's pretty much what you see on a regular basis. And perhaps an occasional "write in" donation, which in my experience is for some very specific ward need.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I haven't seen the "documentary", but the site appears to not promote anything positive or Christ like...so, my initial reaction is what's the point. Gay and lesbian people are angry and want to lash out and are free to do so, but, in the end the people of California have spoken and I dare say there were a lot more non LDS folks that opposed g/l marriage.

From a strictly religious view point, these people are lashing out at the very Kingdom of God on earth and do so at their own peril and probably out of ignorance. I don't pretend to understand g/l behavior or motivations or the pain this has caused them.

im not G or L but you can't the decisions you can't really call it peril maybe they are just really confused and actually a good person. i hope this doesn't count as flaming im just trying to be nice if it does could som1 please msg me so I can edit out my post :P.

Edited by InfiniteEternity

im not G or L but you can't the decisions you can't really call it peril maybe they are just really confused and actually a good person. i hope this doesn't count as flaming im just trying to be nice if it does could som1 please msg me so I can edit out my post :P.

Actually I can say that because it is true.....they fight against the Church at their own peril and no they aren't good...at least from a scriptural context (remember the Savior correcting one who referred to him as good?) but they likely have redeeming or appealing qualities to their circle of friends and families and without a doubt they can repent. But again, they do what they do at their own peril......and how dare you flame me! (j/k):D

Edited by bytor2112

This one time? I disagreed with Bytor and he told me he'd introduce me to a new holiday.

He said, "Meet my first fist. meet my second fist. MERRY FISTMAS!" and then he punched me. :(

I don't like that holiday.

Actually I can say that because it is true.....they fight against the Church at their own peril and no they aren't good...at least from a scriptural context (remember the Savior correcting one who referred to him as good?) but they likely have redeeming or appealing qualities to their circle of friends and families and without a doubt they can repent. But again, they do what they do at their own peril.and how dare you flame me! (j/k):D

Bytor: I think you just excluded every living man, woman, and child over the age of 8 by your definitino of 'good' - haha.

After all, every single person who has ever sinned has fought against the church. I would hate for you to belittle gays and lesbians because of your lack of understanding about what they go through - especially the struggle a gay LDS member experiences.

Your post could be misinterpereted - and I would hate for a struggling member to read it and internalize that they aren't "good."

Perhaps we should reserve judgement for God.

Bytor: I think you just excluded every living man, woman, and child over the age of 8 by your definitino of 'good' - haha.

After all, every single person who has ever sinned has fought against the church. I would hate for you to belittle gays and lesbians because of your lack of understanding about what they go through - especially the struggle a gay LDS member experiences.

Your post could be misinterpereted - and I would hate for a struggling member to read it and internalize that they aren't "good."

Perhaps we should reserve judgement for God.

Yes..and thank you...I definitely include myself in the "not good" category....and I hope it was obvious that I spoke in jest. Certainly there are many good and decent people from all walks of life and I have a great deal of empathy for those who struggle with feelings that they probably wish they didn't have.