Back from Mens Camp

HoosierGuy

A few months or more ago I posted a question about mens groups and camps. I just got back from a weekend camp called the Mankind Group.

It was absolutely awesome. I learned a lot about myself and some of the baggage I carry inside myself. I've never been to a mens camp before, this was my first one. But I feel confident in saying the New Warrior Weekend must be one of the best camps for men in the world.

The staff was awesome and they always made sure the participants were safe at all times.

I learned some important things at the camp. One of the things I learned - I really never had hatred for my dad (he died when I was six). I tried to use hatred for him to help improve my life. I blamed him for problems in my life. I blamed him for the bad things in me.

I found out my problems come from something else, not my dad. Sure, my dad and mom may deserve some blame. But my anger really comes from something else. So, I can happily say I love my dad. More importantly, I stand eye to eye with him. I will not fight for my dad unless it's deserved. I will not fight against my dad unless I have good reason. But I will always love my dad for being my dad. We are eye to eye, man to man. I am not his boy anymore. I am his son.

So, if you know any men, no matter what the age, who feel lost in life or have some baggage in their soul, and they can't seem to find solutions that work, please mention

the Mankind Group. Give it a look. I promise you, from my three days and experience, the men at the camp really want to help other men become better men.

Thanks for updating us...so glad it went well for you. You felt safe the whole time. Very good. You'll recall that some of us read some reviews that were cautionary. Was all that overblown? Have they made changes? Or, was the support and guidance strong enough to compensate for anything that might have been uncomfortable?

And here I was reading about a lawyer fired for not attending the same camp as you because he didn't want to --CENSORED-- with the other --CENSORED-- --CENSORED-- Yeahm not a nice story and I don't know how much is just maybe a local chapter's take on things, or whatnot, but.. At least you came out of it better than you went in I should hope.

And here I was reading about a lawyer fired for not attending the same camp as you because he didn't want to --CENSORED-- with the other --CENSORED-- --CENSORED-- Yeahm not a nice story and I don't know how much is just maybe a local chapter's take on things, or whatnot, but.. At least you came out of it better than you went in I should hope.

Hmm, I'm not sure what you are saying because your words got censored. Can you post a link?

Never mind. I found the article.

It's a great bunch of guys who really stand shoulder to shoulder with you as you try to become a better man. I was worried it might be a cult or scam but it's definitely not a cult or

a scam. Those men who staff the weekend really want to help other men. When I went to the preview I was told it's not for everybody. I will repeat that, it's not for everybody. It's also not officially a therapy group. But if you a know a man who's down, feeling lost, feeling like a non-man, needs direction, and nothing else seems to help, check out the Mankind Group. I'm not saying to do it, just check it out. It may really help.

Women have nothing to fear from this group. Some of the men who went through it with me were actually encouraged to attend by their wives.