New forum member from North Carolina

Guest MovingOn

Guest MovingOn

Hello, I just joined the forums today, and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a life-long member of the church, served in the Utah Ogden mission. My original intentions in joining the forums are to get some job/career/related advice from other LDS folk, but it looks like this forum has a lot more to offer than what my google search originally brought me here for!

I grew up and currently live in eastern NC but I'm dying to get away, and hope to move to Utah. I know, soooo cliche. I want to go to school at BYU one of these years for my masters and in the meantime I just feel like the Lord wants me out there, and it would be ideal if I could actually get a job there before moving... Anyway, I'm a single guy, never married (not for lack of trying though) but in hindsight I'm grateful that it hasn't happened yet. I'm a college grad, and my degree is in psychology.

More to come on the thread in the advice forum.

Edited by MovingOn

Guest MovingOn

Dahlia, I wondered the same that when I got my call there. "What am I going to do, home teach for two years???" But they kept me very busy. Nearly 50% of the Utah population isn't LDS, or thereabouts.

Edited by MovingOn

Welcome from an investigator.

I'm curious - why would Utah need missionaries? It reminds me of the old saying, 'carrying coals to Newcastle.'

That's a valid question. It's estimated that only about 58% of Utahns are LDS. In 2004 it was about 62% so the numbers are dropping. Leaves a lot of room for teaching and the need for full time missionaries.