Warning: Don't Click This

Guest xforeverxmetalx

Guest xforeverxmetalx

[i warned you.]

-----

You have just received the Amish Computer Virus. Because the Amish don't have technology, computers, or any programming experience, this virus is based on the honor system. Please delete all the files from your computer and forward this to all your friends. Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by xforeverxmetalx

[i warned you.]

-----

You have just received the Amish Computer Virus. Because the Amish don't have technology, computers, or any programming experience, this virus is based on the honor system. Please delete all the files from your computer and forward this to all your friends. Thank you for your cooperation.

I find this offensive as all get out. This is a Mormon chat and forum board, and recently it's become a slew of the most recent Internet trolling memes. Rickrolling, and now an "Amish" computer virus.

I guess as a computer science major these things annoy me more than they should. Either way, I would like to see us get back to general discussion that is USUALLY in the Gen Disc board.

That's all I have to say.

Alexis

Guest xforeverxmetalx

I find this offensive as all get out. This is a Mormon chat and forum board, and recently it's become a slew of the most recent Internet trolling memes. Rickrolling, and now an "Amish" computer virus.

I guess as a computer science major these things annoy me more than they should. Either way, I would like to see us get back to general discussion that is USUALLY in the Gen Disc board.

Alexis

It's nothing more than a joke, found on a joke site, not 4chan. I actually had no idea it was ever a meme. Find it offensive if you'd like, but that was not my intention. And I posted this where I thought appropriate; the mods are free to move it if they decide it fits better somewhere else. Let them decide what belongs here and what doesn't.

Alexis

The general discussion section is for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere, including humor. I don't see anything offensive or inappropriate about this at all.

Alexis

I don't find it offensive. As wingnut said, the general discussion is officially described as:

Topics of any nature are allowed, as long as they do not break LDS Talk Rules

This does comply with that. It's humour, nothing else. I could understand a computer science major/geek/nerd having issues with fake/scam e-mails being forwarded to all and sundry, but I'm not aware of them generally having a lack of humour.

The usual advice given to people who don't like a thread is simply not to open that particular thread in future.

Edited by Mahone

The general discussion section is for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere, including humor. I don't see anything offensive or inappropriate about this at all.

Oh, I get it, Wing. "I don't see". I find your blind jokes distasteful and offensive.

AND I see your elitist communication via the written word. Just because people like me are illiterate doesn't mean you can shut us out! Our voice will be heard!

Oh, so now we're making midget jokes? I thought you were above that, Dravin. Your "sense of humor" is very dark and offensive!

Oh so now you are throwing out personal attacks regarding someone's sense of humor. I find that very offensive FT. :)

Edited by pam

I apologize for my comments. I was in an unusually bad mood that night and I was in no mood for playful games. *Just ask Soulsearcher. I was talking to him on Chat that night*

I did read the rules and I was absolutely in the wrong. I hope that you can forgive me for this unsightly incident.

Alexis

Oh, so now we're making midget jokes? I thought you were above that, Dravin. Your "sense of humor" is very dark and offensive!

Oh I KNOW someone didn't just make a midget joke. Now I'M offended..... me being a "Vertically challenged" person. The Little People's Association WILL be forwarded this and I'm sure legal action will be taken....in short order. (And I thought Dravin was a nice guy.) :lol: