Is this considered a revelation?

LDSChristian

Ok so I was going to bed last night. I was laying in the bed getting ready to go to sleep and all of a sudden this came into my head: "Lehi, Nephi, Sam, Laman, and Lemuel were Hebrews, not Jews." I didn't think it or anything, it just came to me. I read some this morning out of the scriptures and found that to be true. Lehi, Sam, Nephi, Laman, and Lemuel were of the tribe of Manasseh and descendants of Joseph. Joseph was a descendant of Abraham therefore making Lehi, Sam, Laman, Nephi, and Lemuel Hebrews, not Jews. Jews were those that were of the tribe of Judah. I'm not sure but I believe that was an actual revelation from God that I had. Since it was a revelation from God that I had concerning Lehi, Nephi, Sam, Laman, and Lemuel, that would also mean God assured me that they were real people. Yes, I do know the Book of Mormon is true but something like that coming from God. Thank you Lord for what you've shown me. :)

Sounds good to me, though I'm not sure about the "God assured me that they were real people" part, but, it may be so.

That's not sounding the way I was hoping it would. I meant to say, it may be a revelation to you that they are real people, but that's based on your reasoning (which is potentially faulty), not on what God explicitly said to you. So there could be a misunderstanding there.

HiJolly

Edited by HiJolly

Sounds good to me, though I'm not sure about the "God assured me that they were real people" part, but, it may be so.

That's not sounding the way I was hoping it would. I meant to say, it may be a revelation to you that they are real people, but that's based on your reasoning (which is potentially faulty), not on what God explicitly said to you. So there could be a misunderstanding there.

HiJolly

I'm glad you clarified your comment. At first I was scratching my head.

Also consider that Christ was to be the King of the Jews. He wasn't king of only the tribe of Judah, but of all the house of Israel. At some point in history, Jew became very much synonymous with Israel, although I don't know that I could state definitively when this transition occurred. But by Nephi's time, as he and his family were living in Jerusalem, it was likely accurate to say that they were Jews as well as they were Hebrews.

Jews can be either 1) descendants of Judah, one of the twelve sons of Jacob, 2) people of the ancient southern kingdom of Judah, or 3) people who practice the religion, life-styles, and traditions of Judaism but may or may not be Jewish by birth. It has become customary to use the word Jew to refer to all the descendants of Jacob, but this is a mistake. It should be limited to those of the kingdom of Judah or, more especially today, those of the tribe of Judah and his associates. (Guide to the Scriptures: Jews)

Vanhin