For ladies only (sorry, gents)

Backroads

Hope this isn't too freakish to post. I wasn't sure where else to post it, and I knew that if I went to Yahoo answers I would be told to just have sex with my fiance.

I've recently started the pill in prep for getting married.

So far, the wedding date as planned is mid-cycle. However, now I'm suddenly terrified the pill will throw everything off. It happened to my sister-in-law and she was bleeding on her wedding day.

What are the odds that can happen?

Are you getting married during your first cycle on the Pill? If so, your concern is valid.

If you will have been on the Pill for a cycle or two already, there's likely less to worry about, as long as you're taking it correctly.

I started taking the Pill in October or November, and got married at the end of December. It was well enough in my system, but we were nervous still. So we used a condom for the first half of my cycle while also on the Pill. After about six month, we got a little less paranoid, and stopped using condoms. After another two months, I went off the Pill because of major negative side effects, and we've been using natural family planning (successfully!) for over four years now.

I suggest discussing this with your gynecologist. Explain the situation and ask for options so that you do not have the concern of being on your period for your honeymoon.

However, having periods is part of married life for husbands too. If it happens don't be embarassed. Its a natural part of life and your fiance' (then husband) should realize that long before the wedding night. :)