Who created this earth

Casper

I would like to know what people believe this scripture is teaching.

Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among all these there were many of the noble and great ones;

And God saw these souls that they were good, and he stood in the midst of them, and he said: These I will make my rulers; for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham, thou art one of them; thou wast chosen before thou wast born.

And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell; (Abr 3:22-24)

From what I can tell of the scripture the one that was like unto God was Jesus Christ, and the others that stood around him were the noble and grate ones, which Abraham was one. So then Jesus would say to Abraham and others like him “we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell”

So I guess the question would be, what earth is being referred to, and who are the those who will dwell on it?

It is talking aboout this earth, because God told Moses (and I presume other prophets) that He only gave an account of this earth. There would be no reason to have a history lesson on any other earth.

I believe there were 3 sides or divisions in the pre-mortal spirit world, but I don't believe in the exact same divisions most do. To answer your question you would first need to figure out who the 3 sides consisted of.

I would like to know what people believe this scripture is teaching.

From what I can tell of the scripture the one that was like unto God was Jesus Christ, and the others that stood around him were the noble and grate ones, which Abraham was one. So then Jesus would say to Abraham and others like him “we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell”

So I guess the question would be, what earth is being referred to, and who are the those who will dwell on it?

The earth that is being spoken of is the one that would become our earth.

THe ones who will dwell on the earth are the spirits that were with God, who would be bornn to this world.

It speaks of the creation of this world. Christ was the architect and general manager of the project, with many of us involved as day laborers. :)

As you continue in Abraham, you read in ch 4 that the "Gods" planned the entire Creation process.

As for the noble and great ones, these would have been those in the premortal existence that had already developed sufficient righteousness to be labeled Sons of God, or gods. This would have included the arch-angels, such as Michael (Adam), and Gabriel (Noah).

While these concepts seem strange to many traditional Christians, they fit in well with the early concepts of Jews/Christians, as we find in the Enochian writings and other literature. Enoch ascends to heaven, is dressed in holy robes, given a new name (the arch-angel Metatron), and sat upon God's throne, where the lower angels worship him! (Joel's Monastery: Gospel Doctrine Old Testament Lesson #5 In the Dead Sea Scrolls 11Q Melchizedek, we read that "Melchizedek IS El!" and "Melchizedek IS Yahweh!"

The tie between God and man is a lot closer than most of us think, and it definitely shows in the ancient record.

references:

Melchizedek is El: Joel's Monastery: Gospel Doctrine OT Lesson #10 - Birthrights

Enoch/Metatron: Joel's Monastery: Gospel Doctrine Old Testament Lesson #5

I agree with Dr T. Even our scriptures, and modern prophets and apostles agree that all things were created by and through Christ, including this earth, where He would ultimately complete the Atonement.

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father— That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God. (D&C 76:22-24)

And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten. (Moses 1:33)

Jesus Christ is the Lord of the Universe, as Elder Maxwell testified.

Regards,

Vanhin

Edited by Vanhin

So with the earth being the earth that we are living on and people of our earth helped in its creation under the direction of Jesus Christ who was under the direction of the Father; yet we do not know how many people from this world helped in its creation. With this being the case which I believe to be true it would seem logical that when people from this earth become gods they will not create worlds but their children will create the worlds that they will live on them salves, under their direction just as Jesus Christ, Adam, Noah, Abraham and who knows how many others.

We don't have much authoritative information about the exact details of the kingdoms, principalities, powers, and dominions the righteous will inherit. We still have a good bit to learn, even after the resurrection. There is much that is necessarily in the realm of speculation at this point in time. However, the scriptures do offer us a few morsels. The Lord said, for example, that the marriage covenant is given to mankind to "multiply and replenish the earth, according to my commandment, and to fulfil the promise which was given by my Father before the foundation of the world, and for their exaltation in the eternal worlds, that they may bear the souls of men; for herein is the work of my Father continued, that he may be glorified." (D&C 132:63), which is what I believe. Boyd K. Packer stated the following important point to remember.

The Father is the one true God. This thing is certain: no one will ever ascend above Him; no one will ever replace Him. Nor will anything ever change the relationship that we, His literal offspring, have with Him. He is Elohim, the Father. He is God. Of Him there is only one. We revere our Father and our God; we worship Him. (Boyd K. Packer, "The Pattern of Our Parentage," Ensign (November 1984), 69.)

Regards,

Vanhin