Church pet peeves!!!

MichaelH

When leaders say something to the group but really mean one person.

"Mutual is important. I don't waste my time planning activities for no one to show up."

I was the only one not there. And, I was sick. I was pissed. I still am. In fact, I think I'll skip tomorrows stupid mutual. All we do is paint crap.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that stinks! Bada BOOM! Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

I'm sick of painting cutsy signs for my room.

I wanna go shoot something! Or do a self defense class!

I'd be okay with sitting at the church reading scriptures togather or playing board games. But painting? I'm just as crafty as the next girl but 3 weeks in a row of painting random crap just annoys me.

I DON"T LIKE WASTING MY TIME.

EDIT: OH AND I've told them I'm leaving for college. I can't keep filling my life with worthless crap. I'm throwing it all out in less then 6 months! And yet, there like "Oh, Liz would find that adorable. She'd love it we should paint it for mutual." No, I DON"T LIKE IT. You like it. We do what the leaders want to do.

We went to a play. Why? because the leaders wanted to. NONE of the girls wanted to. NONE of us. ERGGEWGE

.... ranting over.

Edited by lizzy16
rant

Are you my daughter? I swear, you sound just like her.

I'm glad theres other young women that want to DO things. not just paint crap. Or glue paper togather..

Why would I glue paper togather? Whats the point?

I have like 4 colleges of crap thats 'appealing to my values' and 'represents me'

I just want to shoot something. is that wrong? No.

Maybe you can compromise? Go paint balling?

Oh, I've suggested it. I've suggested all sorts of things.

Instead, we paint and go to plays.

We only do those kind of things when we combine with the young men.

And, my leaders wonder why during BYC I ask the ym if I can join they're hikes and such.

Note: I've never actually joined them. I ask in joking. I fully understand the young men need man bonding time.

Edited by lizzy16

When I went pain-balling, we had a petite, Filipina (brother's girlfriend) who was a model go out with us. It was humiliating to get killed by her. Thankfully, I didn't have the honor.

If you can get dirty without saying "eeewwww!" and scream at bugs, then you will be accepted. And it's fun as heck!

One of the reasons why my daughter likes it up there in BYU-I, there are other young women up there who are not all dainty and fragile that she can hang with.

When I went pain-balling, we had a petite, Filipina (brother's girlfriend) who was a model go out with us. It was humiliating to get killed by her. Thankfully, I didn't have the honor.

If you can get dirty without saying "eeewwww!" and scream at bugs, then you will be accepted. And it's fun as heck!

One of the reasons why my daughter likes it up there in BYU-I, there are other young women up there who are not all dainty and fragile that she can hang with.

Well, I'm going to BYU Idaho next fall so thats great to hear!

I'm sick of painting cutsy signs for my room.

I wanna go shoot something! Or do a self defense class!

I'd be okay with sitting at the church reading scriptures togather or playing board games. But painting? I'm just as crafty as the next girl but 3 weeks in a row of painting random crap just annoys me.

I DON"T LIKE WASTING MY TIME.

EDIT: OH AND I've told them I'm leaving for college. I can't keep filling my life with worthless crap. I'm throwing it all out in less then 6 months! And yet, there like "Oh, Liz would find that adorable. She'd love it we should paint it for mutual." No, I DON"T LIKE IT. You like it. We do what the leaders want to do.

We went to a play. Why? because the leaders wanted to. NONE of the girls wanted to. NONE of us. ERGGEWGE

.... ranting over.

You sound like you're in a Utah ward...weird.

I know a model Filipina girl who's a paint-baller! And at 5'0" she's a human dynamo... But she's in California, so probably not the same girl. The guys always complain that she's a much smaller target so it is unfair... yeah. She can shoot a can of tuna with a rifle at 200 yards. Okay, maybe she can't, I don't know... but, she looks like she could!

Great YW activity - tuna-can shooting... :D

I know a model Filipina girl who's a paint-baller! And at 5'0" she's a human dynamo... But she's in California, so probably not the same girl. The guys always complain that she's a much smaller target so it is unfair... yeah. She can shoot a can of tuna with a rifle at 200 yards. Okay, maybe she can't, I don't know... but, she looks like she could!

Great YW activity - tuna-can shooting... :D

It was also 20 years ago :(