What Is Your Favorite Tv Show?

Fiannan

<div class='quotemain'>

So how do you read the ability of Baltar to still see No 6 (the Canadian blonde) and then more recently No 6 to see Baltar!

Hi Bob,

IIRC, No. 6 explained her presence to Baltar has his ability to have visions, she in essence is an angel to him. She brings him information, and her visionary presence has the power to effect his senses.

The more recent No. 6, aka Gina, is from the episode called Pegasus. She is to the Pegasus, as Sharon is to the Galactica, except Sharon is treated more or less with respect, while Gina was disrespected in everyway you could imagine. It was Baltar that saved her and helped her escape.

M.

Hi Maureen,

Ok, so No. 6 is an angel to Baltar, does that mean that Baltar is an angel to No. 6 where he appears to her in her reborn state on Caprica? Then is this leading to Baltar being one of the 12 human cylons?

I find the multiple levels of thinking and plot to sometimes be challenging but at the same time love them ... I have never been very smart at crosswords!

Bob

Ok, so No. 6 is an angel to Baltar, does that mean that Baltar is an angel to No. 6 where he appears to her in her reborn state on Caprica? Then is this leading to Baltar being one of the 12 human cylons?

I find the multiple levels of thinking and plot to sometimes be challenging but at the same time love them ... I have never been very smart at crosswords!

Hi Bob,

After I wrote my reply I later saw the episode you are referring to, here in Canada there are 2 more episodes left for S2.

All I can speculate is that there is a bond between No. 6 & Baltar, more so then either of them realized until the Cylon attack. Their connection might be similar to Vulcan bonding. Both No. 6 & Baltar were greatly influenced by each other during their very intimate relationship - so much so that neither one can let go. If you remember the Pegasus episode, Baltar gave this very touching speech to Gina (No. 6) why she was still being held prisoner, it kind of explained his feelings towards her duplicate and how she had such a influence on his thoughts and being. Maybe the same follows for the resurrected No. 6. The Cylons hate the humans but in their quest to deceive the humans by looking like them, they unintentionally made some 'types' to be too human (ie Sharon, since both Sharons have shown love and concern for humans). It could be some genetic anamoly, which No. 6 seems to also have.

That episode was very interesting. I agree that some of the story-telling can get a little confusing, like the Apollo and the black market episode, but eventually I think they piece it together well with much to think about by us viewers.

M.

<div class='quotemain'>

Doctor Who

Bob

Dr. Who is the only show I watch (and I love it!) but I "hear" a lot of shows that my hubby and daughter watch.

Hi Jenda,

I get Dr Who from the UK screening and I have to say that the new 05/06 series are great, after series 1 I am looking for threads that are carried through the series. I was concerned that bringing back some of the old characters like the Daleks, Sarah-Jane etc but its been awesome. There is more to it than meets the eye.

Bob

<div class='quotemain'>

Hi Bob,

After I wrote my reply I later saw the episode you are referring to, here in Canada there are 2 more episodes left for S2.

All I can speculate is that there is a bond between No. 6 & Baltar, more so then either of them realized until the Cylon attack. Their connection might be similar to Vulcan bonding. Both No. 6 & Baltar were greatly influenced by each other during their very intimate relationship - so much so that neither one can let go. If you remember the Pegasus episode, Baltar gave this very touching speech to Gina (No. 6) why she was still being held prisoner, it kind of explained his feelings towards her duplicate and how she had such a influence on his thoughts and being. Maybe the same follows for the resurrected No. 6. The Cylons hate the humans but in their quest to deceive the humans by looking like them, they unintentionally made some 'types' to be too human (ie Sharon, since both Sharons have shown love and concern for humans). It could be some genetic anamoly, which No. 6 seems to also have.

That episode was very interesting. I agree that some of the story-telling can get a little confusing, like the Apollo and the black market episode, but eventually I think they piece it together well with much to think about by us viewers.

M.

Hi Maureen,

I think I need to pay greater attention some of the things happening here as I am still not with the "angel" concept it seems to me in the realm of Sci Fi a spiritual element does not cut it, I guess i could have accepted it on a one way basis but now we have both 6 and Baltar being each others angels with such incredible effect, unless of course Baltar is Cylon and does not know it. Can you tell I am struggling with this element of the plot!

Now I assume the last episode is set on New Caprica, oh, maybe you have not seen that yet if you have 2 to go, OK, how about we discuss this further after each of the last two you have to watch?

Have agreat day

Bob

I think I need to pay greater attention some of the things happening here as I am still not with the "angel" concept it seems to me in the realm of Sci Fi a spiritual element does not cut it...

Hey Bob,

Actually No. 6 confessed to Baltar that she was an angel in one of the episodes. Wikipedia offers us this info:

Six constantly remains in the memory of Dr. Baltar, appearing real to him, yet invisible to everyone else. She suggested the reasons behind this were possibly a computer chip implant or insanity over his guilt. When Baltar underwent a "brain scan" (which appeared similar to an MRI), it revealed no sign of a computer chip or any other foreign object in his brain. While this briefly led Baltar to think that he had truly gone insane, he then realized that the vision of Number Six he sees could not possibly be a hallucination generated by his subconscious mind, because she was aware of facts that his own mind could not possibly know. For example, Number Six told Baltar that the first Human/Cylon Hybrid would be born in the ship's brig, and soon after the Caprican version of the Cylon Sharon Valerii (pregnant with the human Karl Agathon's child) was imprisoned in it. When Baltar confronted Six with this, she admited that she was neither a computer chip nor a hallucination produced by mental instability. When Baltar then asked just who or what she was, she simply replied that she was "an angel of God sent here to protect you".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_Six_(B...star_Galactica)

And you must remember that both the humans and cylons are very religious/spiritual people. The humans believe in many gods and the cylons believe in one true God, especially No. 6.

Have a great day yourself!

M.

Dr. Who is the only show I watch (and I love it!) but I "hear" a lot of shows that my hubby and daughter watch.

JENDA!!!! Oh how I"ve missed your pic..... I mean your glorious ummmmmm....... name that starts with J... yeah that's it... ;)

Glad to see you again :)

<div class='quotemain'>

JENDA!!!! Oh how I"ve missed your pic..... I mean your glorious ummmmmm....... name that starts with J... yeah that's it... ;)

Glad to see you again :)

I agree, Jenda... it is great to see you again! Hope you'll hang around.

For me I will always love M*A*S*H, it will always have a specialy place in my heart *sniff*. Just kidding, but I do watch it almost religiously. After that I watch Monk (hee hee, it's hilarious!) America's Next Top Model (don't know why but, I'm hooked!!!) and Avatar: The Last Airbender (it' on Nicktoons on friday nights) seriously, it's got one of the best storylines, best animation, and most well developed characters, for an american animated cartoon on nickelodeon. Oh yeah, I love watching Good Eats with Alton Brown on the food network. He's hilarious and scientific! It's like watchin Bill Nye cook!!! I've even tried out a few of his recipes, they're great!

<div class='quotemain'>

I think I need to pay greater attention some of the things happening here as I am still not with the "angel" concept it seems to me in the realm of Sci Fi a spiritual element does not cut it...

Hey Bob,

Actually No. 6 confessed to Baltar that she was an angel in one of the episodes. Wikipedia offers us this info:

Six constantly remains in the memory of Dr. Baltar, appearing real to him, yet invisible to everyone else. She suggested the reasons behind this were possibly a computer chip implant or insanity over his guilt. When Baltar underwent a "brain scan" (which appeared similar to an MRI), it revealed no sign of a computer chip or any other foreign object in his brain. While this briefly led Baltar to think that he had truly gone insane, he then realized that the vision of Number Six he sees could not possibly be a hallucination generated by his subconscious mind, because she was aware of facts that his own mind could not possibly know. For example, Number Six told Baltar that the first Human/Cylon Hybrid would be born in the ship's brig, and soon after the Caprican version of the Cylon Sharon Valerii (pregnant with the human Karl Agathon's child) was imprisoned in it. When Baltar confronted Six with this, she admited that she was neither a computer chip nor a hallucination produced by mental instability. When Baltar then asked just who or what she was, she simply replied that she was "an angel of God sent here to protect you".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_Six_(B...star_Galactica)

And you must remember that both the humans and cylons are very religious/spiritual people. The humans believe in many gods and the cylons believe in one true God, especially No. 6.

Have a great day yourself!

M.

Hi Maureen,

OK, I have done my share of investigation and can say that I am now up with it, thanks for the help.

Looking now towards session 3 I note that so far of the 12 human cylons we can identify 7

No 3 D'Anna Biers

No 5 Aaron Doral

No 6 Gina/Shelley

No 8 Sharon

? Leobem Conoy

? Simon

? Brother Cavil

so we have 5 to yet show themselves .... I guess i need to watch the backgrounds a little more I suspect they are out there!

Regards

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I know I am coming to this late but I haven't had a computer in a month. Anyway my favorites are:

Friends reruns

Desperate Housewives

Lost

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Celebrity Poker Showdown

Gilmore Girls

My Name is Earl

Everybody Hates Chris (actually I just started watching the last two)

American Idol: I so wanted Chris to win, blech on Taylor!

Foodnetwork shows

Househunters on HGTV

Ghost Whisperer

America's Most Wanted

E.R.