Is it possible to say "I love you" too much? If so, what are the consequences?

Aww, slam. I'm sorry. Sometimes crying is the only thing that helps. I always say I'm releasing toxins (I read somewhere that crying releases toxins and that's one reason why women live longer).

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....

You know I love ya more than my luggage, right?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I say I love you all the time to my wife.-my wife says it with her eyes-no words are necessary. But I will say that when I say I love you, I feel the words fall short. The words by their very limited nature, miss the mark really- most of the time. Direct Experience not language/ Besides it is a virus.:)

I missed misscrytals message?

• 5 weeks later...

Yes it can be said too often.

Usually when it is said too often it is a sign of insecurity on the part of the speaker. Its use is a way of being needy.

When said too often, its value gets watered down. It can become annoying as well, once the recipient realizes that the words are hollow wound licking for another person's instability. It is a symptom to a greater ill.

Once the speaker is no longer saying it purely for the recipient's benefit is when the "too often" train starts. Unfortunately for them, most of the speakers who do it are not attempting to be self-aware enough to recognize their own motives.

RW

I think that saying "I love you" sparingly because you fear it'll "get old" is too sad. I say it all the time to my husband and I don't know how many times per day that amounts to but he loves it and does the same with me. We both know that if the "I love you" ever stopped, that, would be a bad sign..

To Rufuswhitman

Well said -There seems to be a great deal of fear and hurt surrounding the words "I love you" I am no stranger to the hurts and fears of love. But I never gave up. Finally I can say I love you so much....

with no pain to my beautiful wife. Just freedom of feeling. Really feeling. Real feeling. I am truly blessed.

With tears good night