End of the World as we know it

rameumptom

eeww, that is when the meat is spoiled and then you cook it. :sick:

Actually its a feature that can be found from perfectly unspoiled beef lunch meat. From: Beef...from Farm to Table

Iridescent Color of Roast Beef

Sliced cooked beef or lunch meat can have an iridescent color. Meat contains iron, fat, and many other compounds. When light hits a slice of meat, it splits into colors like a rainbow. There are also various pigments in meat compounds which can give it an iridescent or greenish cast when exposed to heat and processing. Iridescent beef isn't spoiled necessarily. Spoiled cooked beef would probably also be slimy or sticky and have an off-odor.

Have you always assumed that the skads of deli counters are selling spoiled beef?

Edited by Dravin

Actually its a feature that can be found from perfectly unspoiled beef lunch meat. From: Beef...from Farm to Table

Have you always assumed that the skads of deli counters are selling spoiled beef?

Yep, plus it never really tastes that good to me. I would rather buy a roast, cook it myself and slice for french dips, sandwiches, etc. Same with ham. Deli counter lunch meats seem to go off flavor within a few days.

I love Deli counter potato, pasta and cole slaw salads. However, those never last more than two days in my house. I LOVE them!

I found a deli in the local Thriftway store that has bologna in the rolled loaf-(I buy a chunk of beef bologna and grind it up at home, in a pinch, beef hot dogs will work) For rainy days I love to grind the bologna in the meat grinder, add dill pickles, onions, miracle whip, mustard, dash of horseradish, salt & pepper to taste, then spread on lightly toasted bread and add loads of fresh spinach or leafy lettuce. Serve with tomato rice soup. Reminds me of being home from school on a rainy day. Only instead of bread, we would have it on half a lettuce leaf. Mom would save the bread for school lunches and Dad's work lunch's.

sweeet....that means my CDL will be valid for --ETERNITY-- since it doesn't expire until june of 2013. Which begs the question, will I be able to drive a Kenworth in the Celestial Kingdom?

Oh, and I just heard the day has been moved to February 30th.

(Now, to go get a stupid loan started on that Lamborghini.....)