Trying to get back to church

a1000tears

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. My husband and I were married in the temple and have been active most of our married life (23 years). For the last 2-3 years, I've been inactive - it's a long story. My husband has been inactive for the last 4 years. We have three children two boys in college Ages 22 and 20. We also have a daughter who just turned 17. All our kids have been baptized but have remained inactive for the last 4 years. I know that in order for my family to get back to being active, it will definitely have to start with myself.

My hope and goal is to not only to learn from all of you but to also try and be inspired. I miss the gospel discussions I used to have with members of the church and I hope that by trying to participate and learn that it will help me be a better person and also get back to church. There are things missing from life that I want to try and rebuild and while I know the answers don't lie in this forum, I'm hoping that it can at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Welcome.

It can be hard to lead your family back into the church. Just the fact that you are here can be a small first step. Inviting the missionaries over is a second step you might want to consider. (There are others, that's just a suggestion.)

Glad to see you, here! I have learned a ton, in my short time here. I love the parenting threads, even tho more are old threads, there is tons of great advice! :)

Thank you all for your response, I appreciate the warm welcome as I try to navigate through this site. The missionaries are a good idea, I had not thought about that. I think my husband and boys will eventually come back if not now than in their own time frame as I know they have testimonies..it's my daughter that I worry about. She really never had a chance to build one and I'm sad to say I feel it's a great deal my fault for not staying strong and giving her those experiences. I think with her it will depend on the delivery of the message. She also has never really had a friend in the church and I think that is so key and important.

Again, than you all and I hope to see you in the other discussions. :):D

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. My husband and I were married in the temple and have been active most of our married life (23 years). For the last 2-3 years, I've been inactive - it's a long story. My husband has been inactive for the last 4 years. We have three children two boys in college Ages 22 and 20. We also have a daughter who just turned 17. All our kids have been baptized but have remained inactive for the last 4 years. I know that in order for my family to get back to being active, it will definitely have to start with myself.

My hope and goal is to not only to learn from all of you but to also try and be inspired. I miss the gospel discussions I used to have with members of the church and I hope that by trying to participate and learn that it will help me be a better person and also get back to church. There are things missing from life that I want to try and rebuild and while I know the answers don't lie in this forum, I'm hoping that it can at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Best way to rekindle the spirit, invite the missionaries in and ask them to reteach you and or family the lessons. It is actually something that the area 70 implemented in our Stake two years ago and is doing well. Leaders visit an inactive and after getting a handle on the situation invite them to be taught by the Missionaries as a way to reconnect with the gospel and rekindle their testimony. All who have agreed have come back so far.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,

Good luck and welcome.