do you suffer from sleep deprivation?

bcguy

I've always had mild sleeping issues. What saves me is melatonin (and sometimes hardcore sleep medictation) on hand and a very strict sleeping schedule. Often, listening to Coast to Coast or having a movie on sends me right to sleep. I also use lavender on my pillow.

About a month ago, I was rather sickish and loopy. So my mom gave me a pill. Now, my family's medicine cabinet, due to the various issues of my family, could be worth quite a bit on the streets. We're always sharing prescription drugs (I know we shouldn't, but we do, and I don't want to hear it). Sometimes my mom gives me trazadone when I'm too stressed to sleep, so when she gave me a pill, I assume it was that. No, it was Ambien. The couch I slept on (didn't dare drive) was moving and there was a Peter Pan treehouse in the room. I swear.

My mother, one morning, went to take a thyroid pill before she left for her job as an ESL aid at the local elementary school. She found herself three hours later staring at her messy hair in the bathroom mirror with no memory of those past hours. Turns out she had accidentally taken an Ambien, had driven to the school, had let her students eat all the candy she kept as treats, refused the principal's suggestion that she should lie down, and had managed to drive herself back to the house.

You might not want to hear it but can you read it, your post says everything.

M.

After my sleep study they said I had episodes 30 times in the first hour ... the cpap machine was worse than useless .... I switch off between melatonin and valerian about every month ... works fairly well ... just wish I could shut my brain off at night ... that's my big problem ...the brain races all night.

Seems like everyone over here has sleep issues. We recomend bennadryl, they ask (sometimes demand) ambien. Problem is, Ambien is a horrrible product due to the various actions people take while under it's influence, usually with no memory of the incident.

Well, there is a connection with evening technology use and poor sleep.

Or... a connection between poor sleep and the LDS.net forums?

My sleap apnea is resolved with the cpap. I get the worst sleep if for any time I do not use it.

Now, is there a habbit that I should do by not eating at a cirtain time? I also go for long walks it tends to relax me and makes my body feel good after I come home before going off to bed.

I will take up some of these ideas on medications. My wife is part of the problem also, Cannot do anything about it. she likes watching tv and using the internet in the master bedroom. Tonight it was 11:30 a hour after the agreed time. I asked her to turn it off and she said "okay Hitller" I said never say that. You can never compare that monster compared to the comment you made tonight.

So does the turn off the internet after an agreed time only apply to your wife since you posted at 3:00 a.m.? Or was this the taking of yet another opportunity to bad mouth your wife on a public forum?

Edited by pam

i have horrid sleep issues. have for years. if i can fall asleep at a half normal hour, i toss and turn all night long. usually i find myself staying up late just so i can fall asleep and STAY asleep. there have been times when i've turned to things like tylenolPM, or in desperation cough medicine. i don't want anything that creates dependency. but there are points where after a week of sleepless nights one is just desperate for sleep.

i've tried the whole dark quiet room, and the sound machine, TV, etc. if your wife needs to stay up and watch something or have something running, i like the ipod/ netflix and headphones idea. she gets her way, and you get the TV off.