Happy Birthday

Lindy

Guest MrsS

Thank You Lindy and Palerider ~ My Dear Husband bought me a chocolate on chocolate cake! The frosting is nearly 1 inch thick, Mmmmmmm! and the card he got ~ brought happy tears to my eyes.

He works swing shift (?) Gets home at midnight ~ so I am waiting for him with his dinner all ready. We talked until 3 am this morning ~ I was remembering birthdays from when I was little. I never wanted cake and ice cream ~ I wanted different things. Like blackberry pies ~ yeah right in the beginning of summer! But Mom got wise to me and she would can up blackberries in the fall for my birthday in the summer.

One year I wanted lemon jello with blackberries in it and plain white cupcakes. She made it for me. Doesn't taste too bad! Then one year I wanted Orange Sherbet with smashed, thickened hot blackberries and chocolate syrup on it. That was pretty rich. Mostly it was just a variation of blackberries: pie, cobblers, or smashed, thickened and hot on vanilla ice cream!

Since I have been doing my own birthday dinners ~ I do chocolate cakes! I am going to fix Rib Eye Steak, rice pilaf and tossed salad for our mid morning meal. On Sat & Sun we eat our heavy meal at noon ~ husband leaves for work at 1:45 pm. Then when he comes home at midnight we will have baked scallops, rice pilaf and maybe mixed frozen vegies ( green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots in a cheese sauce).

Know how spoiled I am?? I already had cake and Pero for my breakfast ~ MMmmmm. I had all of the necessary food groups ~ chocolate, chocolate, Pero, and cream. ^_^

Guest MrsS

Thats great Mrs. S ...........I always wanted Carrot Cake for my birthday as kid....sometimes I get one now....it has to have black walnuts and grated carrots and no cocunut.....LOL!!!!

Yummmm ~ another wonderful creation of vegetables! With cream cheese frosting. I don't like coconut much either. Except in Heavenly Hash. Rice, chopped up canned fruit, whipped cream, little bit of coconut!

We had steak and eggs rather than the rice and vegies. Once I got the steak cooking, we both looked at each other and said together: Hashbrowns and Eggs!

Dear Husband took a huge tossed salad with chunked chicken and carrots for his lunch at work, plus a generous slab of choco-choco cake!

Now if it was me, I would have black walnuts, fresh portabella mushrooms, red onions, mandarin oranges, chunked chicken and a balsamic vingerette dressing added to that huge tossed salad.

Guest MrsS

:birthdayballoon:May all your wishes come true !</span>

<span style="font-family:Arial">LaurelTree looks for Mrs S Cake.....

:lookaround:

:birthdaycake:

Thanks everyone ~ oh, the cake. Well ~ it is almost gone. Turns out that not only am I a chocolate cake lover ~ so is Dear husband. :lol: