Ghosts in the home: prison or paradise?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good answer, know the only reason i did recording was because there were things that were going on in my house that i couldn't explain so i wanted to see. note that by ghosts i mean spirits, to me their the same thing

also i don't think evps would be appropriate on this, maybe im wrong?

I do not believe they are the same thing.

1. Ghost a spirit of a person who once had a body but is temporary separated from it.

We call it a ghost to keep it separated from

2. spirits which never up to now ever had a body of our kind of flesh and bone.

Spirit prison. ie Hell which was in the beginning created for the Devil and his angels.

Now in a part of it some of us are kept.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left

hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared

for the devil and his angels: . . .

I asked my hubby just the other night if he was able to cast out evil spirits, he didn't even stop to think about it, he just said, "yes, why?" He was kinda thinking I was putting in a request or something. I just wanted to know out of curiosity's sake. I thought how to do blessings and all that was covered in priesthood class or something. ?

Yes, it's called the Temple.

BTW, you can do it too. My wife once cast out an evil spirit that somehow got its hooks into my daughter while I was gone. I couldn't have done it better.

My office is in the basement, so I recognize all the sounds in the house when it's quiet (not many). Last year I started hearing some strange sounds occasionally - especially late at night - like someone moving around and/or panting. It didn't happen often and wasn't too scary, but it was somewhat unsettling. I mostly ignored it, but I eventually asked my wife if she thought there was something going on. She's a spiritually sensitive type, and she mentioned yes, she felt there was 'someone' popping in occasionally. With that second witness I immediately prayed for its dismissal. Those strange sounds disappeared and never came back.

Yes, it's called the Temple.

BTW, you can do it too. My wife once cast out an evil spirit that somehow got its hooks into my daughter while I was gone. I couldn't have done it better.

My office is in the basement, so I recognize all the sounds in the house when it's quiet (not many). Last year I started hearing some strange sounds occasionally - especially late at night - like someone moving around and/or panting. It didn't happen often and wasn't too scary, but it was somewhat unsettling. I mostly ignored it, but I eventually asked my wife if she thought there was something going on. She's a spiritually sensitive type, and she mentioned yes, she felt there was 'someone' popping in occasionally. With that second witness I immediately prayed for its dismissal. Those strange sounds disappeared and never came back.

Cool! :cool:

I wonder (and I have no doctrinal basis) but I think of Spirit Prison as essentially "ghosts" wandering the Earth, some lost, others seeking, and other trying to do evil. I think Paradise is found in the temples. Once a spirit has accepted Christ, they can rest away from the world in Temples. I believe angels guard temples from the evil ones and they cannot enter. Again, just my belief.

Paranormal activity was a problem with the Early LDS. And J. Smith answer to this was to cease speaking about them at church and public gathering as this Empowered the powers of Darkness.

The departed are going either to Paradise or Spirit Prison. These two are not accessible to us. So that leaves only one question. Who is able to interact with us, with various limit put on them?

Ans. Satan and His devils. And these are great deceivers.

bert10

Hi I've been wondering and pondering something quite a while and i feel that i should ask on here. I have done "paranormal investigations" in my home and have actually gotten some recording of voices and such. I have never felt threated, or at least of what I can remember.

So on to my question, are these spirits that communicate through recordings from spirit prison or even evil spirits? Like I said, i don't feel in trouble, but I don't want something like that in my house. I'm thinking so because those in spirit paradise would be too busy to talk to someone with a recorder, they would just visit you upfront if allowed by Jesus Christ. So what are your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I came across a "plan of happiness" map that an elder drew for me. I was trying to remember what paradise/prison was and I found this thread. Very interesting. Makes me think of the end of "The Others" with Nicole Kidman... anyone remember that movie?

It doesn't seem like ghosts in the home would fit into the idea of a paradise prison. As a Catholic we pray our loved ones will rest in the peace of our lord until he returns here. That's not to say that some don't stick around. Sometimes residual energy can make a place feel haunted to me.

I've had that hag experience upon awakening but I never saw one. I think sleep paralysis has more to do with transition from the physiological state of sleep and dreaming to wakefulness than intrusive entities beyond the veil. But there is a whole lot to consider with that question isn't there.