Greetings from a Jew!

Johnny916

Hello all! I'm an Orthodox Jew living in California. I'm an anti Zionist and a firm believer in my faith. I would like to see what Mormons think and have to say about my faith. I have a lot of time on my hands.

Here are a couple of links that I think you many find very interesting, I have heard a number of wonderful presentations by this person (Mark Paredes): Mormon?s Jewish Outreach Aims To Rebuild Bridges ? Forward.com

Mark Paredes

Jewish-Mormon Relations: Mark Paredes Leads the Way | Iconia | HoustonBelief.com

Hope this helps with your request.

Welcome! I wish I had a lot of time on my hands, you're lucky ;)

You can check this out: Jewish Beliefs Board - LDS Social Network Forums

anti-zionist? that means you do not support Israel right? can I ask why not?

here is a good article:

A Message to Judah from Joseph - Ensign Dec. 1976

welcome again!

Thanks for welcoming me. It is more then being against the sate of Israel or the wars. A lot of it has to do with faith and the concept of the Messiah in Judaism.

I'm happy too... but then there's always something more than just being happy, isn't there?

Nice to hear you're a family man, we're pretty big into families here too :)

I love my lifestyle, family and friends. Since I was younger my faith has better me into a person. I have a small family 6 children (2 boys and 4 daughters) by two women and myself. I would never call myself a polygamist I just happen to have two wives. That is all I want in life is my family and friends.

Young kids or teens. I always call them by their first names. I met and had a son when I was young. Before I went into the military. The other child I have with her is a girl. My wife I met at college had triplets first and then finally a son. This is what G-d blessed us with. I'm thankful I had a chance to graduate from college and have a good career. Everything works out with us. We always have family first and just work with one another.

I'm going to piggy-back on Johnnny's questions. Most evangelicals (like myself) are Christian Zionists. That is, we support the state of Israel, and believe that its formation is actually tied to prophecies. No need to debate that system of belief here...just stating where I'm coming from. I'm still not clear on the LDS understanding, since America is also scene as a Zion, if I'm not mistaken. Anyone have an simple summary?

I can respect that. A lot my Christian and Muslims friends are surprised and I and others Jews do not support Zionism. Many come to the conclusion that I'm antiwar or something of that nature. I was in the military and I can say many things are not poetic. But the wars are not the reason I do not support Zionism. It has to do with my faith and how I see the Messiah concept in Judaism. Here is a link with answers about Zionism and why Jews and others should not support Zionism. I believe we all should respect one another and what happens, happens.

Visitor Response to True Torah Jews Against Zionism

I can respect that. A lot my Christian and Muslims friends are surprised and I and others Jews do not support Zionism. Many come to the conclusion that I'm antiwar or something of that nature. I was in the military and I can say many things are not poetic. But the wars are not the reason I do not support Zionism. It has to do with my faith and how I see the Messiah concept in Judaism. Here is a link with answers about Zionism and why Jews and others should not support Zionism. I believe we all should respect one another and what happens, happens.

Visitor Response to True Torah Jews Against Zionism

I respect your position, but I'm a big fan of the Rav Kook, and of the Gra too. I've got some books to recommend which I think you'll find interesting.

PC,

The view for LDS regarding Zion is this:

1. There is both a physical and spiritual gathering of Israel. Israel is described in a dual form.

A. The DNA descendants of Jacob, son of Isaac.

B. Those who are spiritually born again into the tribes of Israel / LDS

In this scenario, there is actually a way in which one could say that practicing Jews are Gentiles (not spiritual Israel)....

2. We believe that there will be a Jewish Zion in Jerusalem established. It will be a chief gathering place for DNA Israel, and perhaps spiritual Israel, in the last days.

3. We believe that there will a spiritual Zion in the Americas, and also wherever there is a stake of Zion established in the world. It will be a gathering place for all those who repent and accept the teachings of the LDS Church. We also believe that in the last days of great tribulation, this Zion will be a place of refuge and safety for people of all faiths, who seek escape from the wars and mobs of the last days.

Guest mirancs8

I love my lifestyle, family and friends. Since I was younger my faith has better me into a person. I have a small family 6 children (2 boys and 4 daughters) by two women and myself. I would never call myself a polygamist I just happen to have two wives. That is all I want in life is my family and friends.

So are you Sephardic?

I do not really know. Jesus is Jesus. I guess. To myself many different people view Jesus differently. I just respect those people and their faith.

My favourite quote from someone Jewish when they were asked that exact question was, 'Nice boy. Ended badly.'

I thought it was quite clever.