At home celestial room; good or bad?

Guest saintish

I don't see anything wrong with it. If you have enough money to have a spare room like that, why not? My only problem with it is that it looks too sterile, like you're in a fancy hospital. And yes, I think the same thing about temple celestial rooms! Usually their best feature is the bouquet of flowers on the table in the middle of the room (as long as they're real flowers). IMO, most temples could do with a lot more live plants! I'm a bit of a nature lover, and find it easiest to connect with God in natural settings.

That is my only complaint with this particular room as well. It's a little... too perfect.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

should be fine as long as we remember that it has not been sanctified and set aside for the same use as the celestial room in the temple...

Not to be irreverent, but what exactly is the purpose/use of a celestial room? You're not supposed to kneel to pray, people whisper so it's hard to have a real conversation, I've never seen anybody studying the scriptures for more than two minutes, and they don't like for you to linger too long. Basically, it seems to be meet up with your group, feel good and enjoy the beautiful room for a few minutes, and then move on. Just sayin'...

(Ducking :lol:)

Not to be irreverent, but what exactly is the purpose/use of a celestial room? You're not supposed to kneel to pray, people whisper so it's hard to have a real conversation, I've never seen anybody studying the scriptures for more than two minutes, and they don't like for you to linger too long. Basically, it seems to be meet up with your group, feel good and enjoy the beautiful room for a few minutes, and then move on. Just sayin'...

(Ducking :lol:)

AS far as I am aware the celestial room is for at least 4 things I am aware of-

To be a refuge from the whirlwind of the world and satans power. To provide a greater communion with God. And to learn of heavenly things, esp things which are only to be shared in the Temple. and 4 it is God's throne room in this world in the physical sense.

Most I think fall into the first - they go therre because it is a refuge. But I also know several people who go there, bcause thats wher e they get their strongest inspirations on various matters.

Edited by Blackmarch

That is my only complaint with this particular room as well. It's a little... too perfect.

WHAT??? That room with the hideous flowered couch? That room is so tacky looking - even if it's not called a celestial room, it's still super eeeeww. I can almost smell the strong scent of old-lady-potpourri coming off the stuffy-aired room (oops, sorry pam).

and they don't like for you to linger too long.

I've been able to stay in the celestial room as long as I have wanted...and some of them have been pretty long stays (as I was there long enough to see 3 or 4 different sessions enter the celestial room). I always try to stay in the celestial room until I find "peace" with things that are troubling me or those things I have been seeking revelation on.

Guest saintish

I've been able to stay in the celestial room as long as I have wanted...and some of them have been pretty long stays (as I was there long enough to see 3 or 4 different sessions enter the celestial room). I always try to stay in the celestial room until I find "peace" with things that are troubling me or those things I have been seeking revelation on.

It really depends on the temple and the temple workers, however i have never heard of anyone being asked to leave because they have stayed too long. I could see it being a problem in some busy temples where the number of occupants violates fire codes but i have never wittnessed such a thing.