Meridian magazine/newsletter?

I ran into the Meridian online. I see it is about LDS, but what I want to know is:

1) is it a 'good' periodical in terms of being pro-LDS or is some anti stuff going to sneak in there?

2) how does it compare to the Ensign?

3) does it come in print or is it only online? if there is a print version, do I miss anything by just reading the online version?

I don't recall anyone at church talking about it, so I don't know who is the intended audience.

Thanks

1) yes, it is pro-LDS. No anti.

2) It's not official church (IIRC) and it isn't so much doctrine as it is cultural articles. I know Orson Scott Card writes for this quite often. I like his articles on church culture/thoughts/ideas.

3) As far as I know, it's online only.

I don't think many people know it exists, honestly. It's puzzling to me, but many of my LDS friends spend alot of time online, but don't spend it on church(y) websites. Not sure why.

1. It is pro-LDS.

2. It does not compare to the Ensign. The Ensign is the official voice of the Church; Meridian Magazine is essentially similar to LDS.net in that it's a collection of people offering their opinions (but not in a discussion-based format, like LDS.net).

3. Don't know this one, but I assume it's electronic-only format.

2) It's not official church (IIRC) and it isn't so much doctrine as it is cultural articles. I know Orson Scott Card writes for this quite often. I like his articles on church culture/thoughts/ideas.

Card writes for MormonTimes.com, but I believe he does not write for Meridian Magazine - LDS, Mormon and Latter-day Saint News and Views. (I have a hard time keeping them separate in my mind, too.)

On their Facebook page they describe themselves as:

Meridian Magazine is the place where Latter-day Saints gather online. Meridian is a values-based publication, drawing upon the standards, beliefs and teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

M.

Sheesh Thanks Vort, I really could have used that better than you.

What? You're welcome to experience that one-a-year-feeling of being wrong, too. I don't object. I personally experience that once-a-year feeling several times per day.

What? You're welcome to experience that one-a-year-feeling of being wrong, too. I don't object. I personally experience that once-a-year feeling several times per day.

No, being the source of the once a year feeling of being wrong.