Hpv Vaccine Given To Girls As Young As 9, Experts Suggest

Guest Monica

All I hear is excuses for breaking the 10 commandments. God is very clear on this and now we see the reprocussions because of the diseases that come with this sin.

Monica, a lot of us are in agreement that remarital sex is a sin and we should refrain from it.

However, do you think that someone who does it should possibly be punished with death? The God I believe in is not that kind of Father. He has given us great minds so that we may discover new medications and vaccines to protect against this type of thing.

Fiannan just pointed out an instance where someone could be infected through no fault of her own. What do you say to that?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Monica

However, do you think that someone who does it should possibly be punished with death? The God I believe in is not that kind of Father. He has given us great minds so that we may discover new medications and vaccines to protect against this type of thing.

Fiannan just pointed out an instance where someone could be infected through no fault of her own. What do you say to that?

Lets look at scriptures to see what is on God's mind.

Lev 19:29 Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.

Lev 21:9 And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

For those who have cheating spouces:

Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Now for those who think these words of God are too harsh or mean, let me remind you that AIDS kills, cervical and penile cancer from the HPV virus also kills. The other vd's that dont kill you will make you infertile or crazy.

For those who say the law is not in force anymore:

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The word of God:

Isaiah 55: 8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

<div class='quotemain'>

Lets look at scriptures to see what is on God's mind.

Lev 19:29 Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.

Lev 21:9 And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Now for those who think these words of God are too harsh or mean, let me remind you that AIDS kills, cervical and penile cancer from the HPV virus also kills. The other vd's that dont kill you will make you infertile or crazy.

For those who say the law is not in force anymore:

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The word of God:

Isaiah 55: 8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

So do you also think that AIDS is a punishment, and that children or others who contract it from a blood transfusion are being punished? Do you think we should continue the research to find a cure for AIDS? Or are we going against God's plan to punish our society for homosexuality if we get rid of it?

Just curious...

But what about the innocent wife whose husband cheated? Does she deserve death too, according to your beliefs about God?

Guest Monica

So do you also think that AIDS is a punishment, and that children or others who contract it from a blood transfusion are being punished? Do you think we should continue the research to find a cure for AIDS? Or are we going against God's plan to punish our society for homosexuality if we get rid of it?

Just curious...

But what about the innocent wife whose husband cheated? Does she deserve death too, according to your beliefs about God?

Aids is a pinishment for homosexuality. In the bible we saw what happened in Sodom and Gammorah. Also sex outside of marriage brings aids. As for those who get aids from blood transfusions, the bible also tells us to abstain from blood. As for a wife that doesnt realize her husband is cheating, that is also a fallicy. Women know when men are cheating so do men. The tell tale signs are universal.

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul.

By the way, I now am curious... exactly what Bible are you reading? Have you not read these things in the bible before?

Show me a killer disease that attacks virgins, monogamous married people, or those that live purely.

By the way, I now am curious... exactly what Bible are you reading? Have you not read these things in the bible before?

Show me a killer disease that attacks virgins, monogamous married people, or those that live purely.

I don't believe that the Bible is without flaw. Too many translations by imperfect man.

All women know if their husband is cheating? Give me a break.

There are many diseases that afflict those you mentioned. Some I can think of off the top of my head are leukemia, diabetes type 1, breast cancer... really almost any disease you can think of.

What about sickle cell anemia? Is that a punishment too, Monica, according to your Bible?

UGH... I can't even believe what I'm reading!

Guest Monica

I don't believe that the Bible is without flaw. Too many translations by imperfect man.

All women know if their husband is cheating? Give me a break.

There are many diseases that afflict those you mentioned. Some I can think of off the top of my head are leukemia, diabetes type 1, breast cancer... really almost any disease you can think of.

What about sickle cell anemia? Is that a punishment too, Monica, according to your Bible?

UGH... I can't even believe what I'm reading!

Ok I understand now, you dont believe the Bible is the word of God. I see where you are coming from now. Thank you for clarifying that.

Now for people not knowing who is cheating deep down inside they do, they just dont want to admit it.

As for the disease, I asked for an example of a killer disease that attacks virgins, monogamous married people, and those who live purely. The answer is there is NO SEXUAL DISEASES for these people.

Now for people not knowing who is cheating deep down inside they do, they just dont want to admit it.

Even if this was true, by the time they know their spouse is cheating, he/she has already cheated... so it's too late! Sorry, but your arguments aren't making much sense.

As for the disease, I asked for an example of a killer disease that attacks virgins, monogamous married people, and those who live purely. The answer is there is NO SEXUAL DISEASES for these people.

You didn't ask for a SEXUAL DISEASE... you asked for a KILLER DISEASE which afflicts 'the innocent'... of which I gave you plenty of examples, and could give you more.

But yes, there are sexual diseases that afflict the innocent. AIDS affects babies born to mothers who have HIV, as we've been speaking of innocent spouses whose husbands cheat, or a someone married to a spouse who lied about his/her past, etc.

Ok I understand now, you dont believe the Bible is the word of God. I see where you are coming from now. Thank you for clarifying that.

You are correct... I don't believe that every word in the Bible is the word of God. I don't trust mere men that much.

Guest Monica

Even if this was true, by the time they know their spouse is cheating, he/she has already cheated... so it's too late! Sorry, but your arguments aren't making much sense.

You didn't ask for a SEXUAL DISEASE... you asked for a KILLER DISEASE which afflicts 'the innocent'... of which I gave you plenty of examples, and could give you more.

But yes, there are sexual diseases that afflict the innocent. AIDS affects babies born to mothers who have HIV, as we've been speaking of innocent spouses whose husbands cheat, or a someone married to a spouse who lied about his/her past, etc.

You are correct... I don't believe that every word in the Bible is the word of God. I don't trust mere men that much.

Once you realize the person is cheating leave them. You are permitted to do that according to scriptures.

Mat 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

The topic was Aids and sexually transmitted disease. If you like, I will ask again. Show a killer disease that is transmitted sexually that affects virgins, monogamous married people, or people who live purely.

As for the babies with AIDS that again is a result of sexual sin.

There is no innocent spouce that has no clue they are being cheated on. The only ones who claim this are the ones who dont want to accept it, or the ones who neglect their spouces so much as to realize that their spouce isnt around.

As for marrying a liar, these days whoever gets married and doesnt really check their future mate as in background check, credit check, etc is living under a rock. At least get an AIDS test before you marry and make sure the person is monogamous for at least 1 year before marrying them. If you think 1 year is way too long to wait, ask yourself why a new member must wait 1 year before entering the temple.

Now if you dont believe the bible to be true, what do you believe to be true? Where do you get your ideas about who God is from?

Guest Monica

<div class='quotemain'>

Once you realize the person is cheating leave them. You are permitted to do that according to scriptures.

Please read this slowly so that you can get what I'm saying. Even if they do realize their spouse has cheated, and leaves them... it may be too late. It only takes one time!

If someone cheats its not something that just happens. There are other signs that lead up to it. You just dont wake up one day and say, "I think I will have an affair today." Its premediated. There is also some distancing before the affair begins, be it emotional, physical, or sexual. They just dont seem as interested as they once were. Remember, they have to find a way to get time away from you to actually be able to cheat.

For more signs of cheating and behavior that leads up to it check: http://www.cheating-spouse.org/warningsigns.htm

OK Monica... our beliefs are so different, there's no reason to discuss this anymore... I can't even fathom such beliefs. Sometimes I think you're a troll who's coming here to joke around and try to make the point that the Bible is not always relevant. If so, IMO you do a great job!

Have a good night.

Guest Monica

OK Monica... our beliefs are so different, there's no reason to discuss this anymore... I can't even fathom such beliefs. Sometimes I think you're a troll who's coming here to joke around and try to make the point that the Bible is not always relevant. If so, IMO you do a great job!

Have a good night.

Show what part in the bible isnt revelant.

Show what part in the bible isnt revelant.

Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together. (NIV, Deuteronomy 22:11)

Who here pays attention to what fabrics they are mixing?

I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. (NIV, 1 Timothy 2:9-10)

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. (NIV, 1 Peter 3:2-5)

Anyone here ever braid their hair, wear gold or pearls? Like to wear fashionable clothes?

Any man who prays or prophesies with something on his head disgraces his head, but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled disgraces her head--it is one and the same thing as having her head shaved. For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or to be shaved, she should wear a veil. For a man ought not to have his head veiled, since he is the image and reflection of God; but woman is the reflection of man. (NRSV, 1 Corinthians 11:4-7)

I think this has been discussed, but Monica, from what I remember I think you're the only one here who covers her head while she prays.

“And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God

gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not

convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication,

wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate,

deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God,

despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to

parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural

affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God,

that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do

the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”

-- Romans 1: 28-32

How about debaters? I think we have a few here. I also admit to not always obeying my parents - sometimes for the best, I might add.

I think Monica is of the type that would rather see a person die - because they deserved it or to make a religious point - then do something to make sure it doesn't happen. It is unfathomable to most folks, but there are an awful lot of people like that out there. JW's and blood transfusions are a somewhat similar example.

I think Monica is of the type that would rather see a person die - because they deserved it or to make a religious point - then do something to make sure it doesn't happen. It is unfathomable to most folks, but there are an awful lot of people like that out there. JW's and blood transfusions are a somewhat similar example.

Yes, and I should know better than to even waste time arguing with them!

I still don't think 'Monica' is genuine though. :P ...but I won't say anymore about who I think 'she' is.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God

gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not

convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication,

wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate,

deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God,

despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to

parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural

affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God,

that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do

the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”

-- Romans 1: 28-32

Romans? I thought this was Ann Coulter's description of modern-day Democrats!

Just kidding, my wife is a big fan of Coulter and she has a spyware program on the computer (teenagers at home you know).

Monica, There are too many quotes to put in here. Im going to be 100 percent honest regardless of peoples opinion of me:

First of all my mom got an std from my dad, wasnt a serious one but still it was her first clue. Secondly I am not proud but I had an affair on my husband and kept it from him 3 months before I told him. He didnt have a clue. You cant always tell a spouse is cheating. I have fully repented , we have moved on, and I have been to the temple since. If my husband and God forgives me, why should I be put to death? There is also plenty of scriptures I believe in D&C about forgiveness of adulterers if they truly repent..not that they will die. If you believe in D&C you must believe in that too!

I think that most of us can agree that it is not such a big deal to some to have casual sex just because...

Things have sure changed since I was in High School 20 years ago. STD's are up because people having sex because it is no big deal is also more of an issue. I appreciate this thread because I didn't know there was a vaccine for this disease. Sure having pre-marital sex is a moral issue, but knowing of this vaccine is a human issue IMO

Guest Monica

Bottom line is that God's ways are perfect and human's ways are imperfect. I prefer God's way to man's, because God's way works.

For the record I dont wear polyester (woven blended garments), and yes I wear what the bible tells me to wear. :)

Guest Monica

I agree with Monica, god's way is best. God gave us the ability to think and make choices, and those who want to protect young girls are following Gods way.

Yes, God did give us choice, and He told us how to protect young girls by telling us to teach our children to obey His commandments, not by looking for loopholes so we can have our cake and eat it too.

Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Isa 5:21 Woe unto [them that are] wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

Isa 29:15 Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?

Isa 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

Jer 13:27 I have seen thine adulteries, and thy neighings, the lewdness of thy whoredom, [and] thine abominations on the hills in the fields. Woe unto thee, O Jerusalem! wilt thou not be made clean? when [shall it] once [be]?

Mic 2:1 Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds! when the morning is light, they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand.

What about these poor sister missionaries that were raped?! They were doing God's work. Or even other girls who have been assaulted....me included? Wouldnt this vaccine also be good for them?! By the way how is hpv transmitted blood or mucus? Is it possible the innocent person can contract from a public toilet, a toilet at work, a buggy?! YOu can get Hepatitis from a buggy (shopping cart). I am glad we have a way to protect our children from another disease.

Guest Monica

I don't see taking every possible step to protect a young person's life as a loop hole, i see it as being a parent or guardian. I would do anything and everything to protect the lives of the young girls in my life, and honestly i question the worth of the soul of anyone that wouldn't. Really sad state of divinity when we say that protection is only in the hands of god. It's good to know that you have never had a vaccine of any kind monica, because you know honestly, god will take care of you. You haven't had a single vaccine right?

If you want toprotect your children its easy. Teach them to abstain. God never told us to sin and get vaccines to prevent the death that sin sows.

What about these poor sister missionaries that were raped?! They were doing God's work. Or even other girls who have been assaulted....me included? Wouldnt this vaccine also be good for them?! By the way how is hpv transmitted blood or mucus? Is it possible the innocent person can contract from a public toilet, a toilet at work, a buggy?! YOu can get Hepatitis from a buggy (shopping cart). I am glad we have a way to protect our children from another disease.

HPV is transmitted sexually. You need to have sex to get it.

As for rapist and molestors, God tells us that we MUST report all sex crimes so that the offender can be put to death. In the bible, those who are victums and dont report the sex crime are treated the same as the offender since they permit the criminal to be free to commit this offence again on someone else.

Studies show that rapist and molestors are a small percentage of the population, however they repeat the crime over and over. And only 20% of victums report the crime.

Deu 22:23 If a damsel [that is] a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; 24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, [being] in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you. 25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die: 26 But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; [there is] in the damsel no sin [worthy] of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so [is] this matter: 27 For he found her in the field, [and] the betrothed damsel cried, and [there was] none to save her. 28 If a man find a damsel [that is] a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; 29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty [shekels] of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

As for rapist and molestors, God tells us that we MUST report all sex crimes so that the offender can be put to death. In the bible, those who are victums and dont report the sex crime are treated the same as the offender since they permit the criminal to be free to commit this offence again on someone else.

Yes well - the bible also says that God commanded his followers to kill their enemies, murder the wives, enslave the children, rape the virgins, kill the camels and steal the cattle.

Thank goodness that no one takes the Old Testament at face value as their moral guide or we would live in an even more murderous and violent world.

HPV is transmitted sexually. You need to have sex to get it.

Studies show that rapist and molestors are a small percentage of the population, however they repeat the crime over and over. And only 20% of victums report the crime.

Once again, you are missing the point that she was making... the same one I was trying to make earlier in the thread.

That's all well and good that you think rapists should be put to death. However, our point is that these things happen... all it takes is one time. Sometimes it's about making a bad choice, and sometimes it's about being a victim and being totally innocent. Should a girl/woman die because she was raped and contracts HPV bc she didn't receive the vaccine?

Would you please explain your position on this, 'Monica'?