What Do These Acronymns Mean?

Enoch

What does "ARI","SETH",and Justlooking" mean?

I have noticed these terms in some of the threads. What do these terms mean? Is this some new internet lingo?

These are names of people (or a person) who likes (or has liked in the past) to stir up trouble on the board. I believe there are some psychological issues surrounding this person, so I try not to be very harsh. :)

Anway, this person or persons keeps coming back in the form of various other names pretending each time to be a new poster, but the mod's here can see the IP addresses of each person; even if they didn't though, it's pretty easy to see that they are the same person sometimes.

Is Ari Monica?

Yes. Monica is also JustLooking.

Don't you think it is pathetic that she keeps coming back being as dishonest as she has been by not stating her true identity and her true religion.

Give it another month or so and she will start to attack and demean posters. You will see the paranoid side of her. Not a very nice sight if you ask me.

Have they deleted her previous posts? I can't find them for some reason. Thanks

Click on Members at the top of the screen, then search by name and put in aristotles. Some of her/their posts are still around.

DrT,

Moderators can do an IP search to see posts by a certain address, members that have logged in and posted to that address.

So far Enoch is also:

Monica

Wolfjingles

ALatterDaySaint

Alexandra

Knee-fy

Aristotles

HumblePie

JustLooking

Setheus

In fact a whopping 315 posts have come up for Enoch IP. He/She knew the answer before the question was even asked.

And, ALL of the above Id's have caused havoc on this board. As MrsS stated, only a matter of time before it starts all over again! :wacko:

DrT,

Moderators can do an IP search to see posts by a certain address, members that have logged in and posted to that address.

So far Enoch is also:

Monica

Wolfjingles

ALatterDaySaint

Alexandra

Knee-fy

Aristotles

HumblePie

JustLooking

Setheus

In fact a whopping 315 posts have come up for Enoch IP. He/She knew the answer before the question was even asked.

And, ALL of the above Id's have caused havoc on this board. As MrsS stated, only a matter of time before it starts all over again! :wacko:

What I don't understand is why the mods keep allowing him/her to come back, knowing this of the IP's. It is a posted rule that that isn't allowed. IMO, and a lot of others' I'm sure, all the users with that IP should be banned, and any future users that register with that IP.

Dual posting for the purpose of hideing your identity will not be tolerated, please PM a moderator if you have any information of someone abusing this rule.

i suspected from the first post in this thread that it was a sad attempt be enoch to appear naive and not know anything, while i also suspected the ip would be the same.

i also suspected the sudden flurrie of "deep" threads started by monice is meant to throw us off our game, and to try to convince us to take her seriously.

What I don't understand is why the mods keep allowing him/her to come back, knowing this of the IP's. It is a posted rule that that isn't allowed. IMO, and a lot of others' I'm sure, all the users with that IP should be banned, and any future users that register with that IP.

Dual posting for the purpose of hideing your identity will not be tolerated, please PM a moderator if you have any information of someone abusing this rule.

I would like to know that too?

Thank you Marsha. When you say,

...to see posts by a certain address, members that have logged in and posted to that address.

I don't understand that part. I use this site at work, home and my laptop. Does that show up as 3 different addresses?

Thanks

I believe it should do, from what I know of IP addresses. It also has to do with which ISP provider you are using.

Some people do have programmes that can disguise their correct IP address too, I believe, or just give different IP addresses each time they log into a website...(not too sure about this one!). This really can make it a difficult task to trace those posters who are misusing the site.

Thank you Marsha. When you say,

...to see posts by a certain address, members that have logged in and posted to that address.

I don't understand that part. I use this site at work, home and my laptop. Does that show up as 3 different addresses?

Thanks

Dr T,

Yes, it shows different IP address one for each location that you post from.

As far as disguising the IP's, some do use a proxy and it is a bit more difficult to detect. However, most ppl post in the same way, so they don't go undetected for long. :blush:

Marsha

I don't know what kind of posts they tend to use so I'll ask. Is that person/people posting offensively? What is it that they/he/she posts that makes you guys angry?

Thanks

My problem with 'said poster' is not what he/she posts. I am quite tolerable of others' opinions, even though much of what he/she writes is plain goofy. :D My problem is that it is a published rule of this site that you can't disguise yourself using multiple identities. If you're embarrassed to say what you're saying, don't say it and then hide behind another name. Get some kahunas!

I don't know what kind of posts they tend to use so I'll ask. Is that person/people posting offensively? What is it that they/he/she posts that makes you guys angry?

Thanks

Not angry, just as Shantress said, people register under other id's to disguise themselves and usually it is to cause contention.

Why would you need a second ID, or even more? Now I can understand IF you have a problem and want some advice but really don't want others to know it is you then to me that is legit. But when someone just sits and registers name after name after name it gets a bit ridiculous.

We block, we ban, we put ppl on a moderation status where ALL their posts are "approved" prior to hitting the general board for members to see. (For our problem ppl)

Oh well,

Marsha