Oh noes...

Mahone

You just got infected with malware. This is NOT legit. Because these spywares will bock your web browser from downloading any tools to fix this, you need to go to a different computer and download the following:

SuperAntySpyware

MalwareBytes

Burn it to a CD (or thumbdrive but make sure you to a scan of it after you are done), copy the downloads to your infected computer and run them both. Between the two of them they will clean up most any infection.

You just got infected with malware. This is NOT legit. Because these spywares will bock your web browser from downloading any tools to fix this, you need to go to a different computer and download the following:

SuperAntySpyware

MalwareBytes

Burn it to a CD (or thumbdrive but make sure you to a scan of it after you are done), copy the downloads to your infected computer and run them both. Between the two of them they will clean up most any infection.

I know what it is :) I just posted it here for the amusement factor (especially in the usage of wording). It's not my laptop either, I got given it to fix it.

I know what it is :) I just posted it here for the amusement factor (especially in the usage of wording). It's not my laptop either, I got given it to fix it.

Why you little twit. You got me all worried and stuff. You, sir, need a spanking :angrytongue:

Why you little twit. You got me all worried and stuff. You, sir, need a spanking :angrytongue:

You're just adding insult to injury. His life is already broken. Because his friends' idea of a fun weekend is piecing together partial files to see what he's deleted off his computer.

To the OP. Best thing you can do now is just come clean. Admit on facebook that you use LDS.net and face the consequences.

got given it to fix it.

:confused:

It's far from uncommon. I get the impression slamjet will be able to tell you that if you work with computers, you automatically become on call 24 hours a day for those around you and their computer problems. The lack of ability to use their computer is seen as an emergency, which warrants my immediate and freely provided attention - which is fine, but among my various friends and family, it seems to happen on a very regular basis. It got to a point earlier this year where I got so stressed with my work load at work (being part of the small team flattening and rebuilding a large corporate network from scratch takes up a lot of time), and then people expecting me to give my evenings up to fix their stuff, that I point blankly refused to do anything for a while and offended a lot of people.

Edited by Mahone

I prefer to use a switch or rod to a paddle for discipline measures. Something like this:

Posted Image

I prefer the usage of a modified cattle prod - one that outputs a higher voltage. A much higher voltage. People don't mess you around too much when you have access to one of these :D

and then people expecting me to give my evenings up to fix their stuff, that I point blankly refused to do anything for a while and offended a lot of people.

He refuses to even fix my laptop now Slamjet.. the worse is he deleted all my bookmarks when he deleted Firefox, knowing they would get deleted.. and half of the wedding stuff was on there!!

He refuses to even fix my laptop now Slamjet.. the worse is he deleted all my bookmarks when he deleted Firefox, knowing they would get deleted.. and half of the wedding stuff was on there!!

Once married, he will change his tune. It's called withholding ^_^