The seal of Melchizedek.....

I was just wondering if anybody had any knowledge on this, specifically where it originated...

Heres a birds eye view of the San Diego Temple. There is a very compelling story behind the construction and design of this house of the Lord. If you want to read about it go here: The Seal of Melchizedek - Part 4 - NothingWavering.org - LDS & Mormon Blog Portal

Posted Image

Posted Image

For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hebrews 7:17

Abel - Melchizedek

Posted Image

Edited by ConvinceTheWorld

Guest Sachi001

Well the link I had to back track to page one to get the whole picture. Very nice story. Mahalo for that. Interesting the symbolism as Nibley implied.

I am curious though. Are you equating Melchizedek being the reincarnation of Abel, or is that just indicating positioning of Abel on the left, and Melchizedek on the right on the picture shown above?

Guest tbaird22

This symbol is found on many temples now. There is no spectacular meaning to it unless you apply one to it. It was the seal (for letters, epistles, etc) Melchizedek used as priest-king. Some people say it represents rebirth, eternal marriage and others.

I noticed they used the symbol at the newly renovated Los Angeles Temple visitors' center. I have seen at many temples in subtle ways (similar to the sun, moon, star stones). But the San Diego Temple's entire motif is based on this symbol. I always thought of it as a representation of the higher priesthood, and the Star of David as a symbol of the lesser priesthood.

Edited by bytebear

I am curious though. Are you equating Melchizedek being the reincarnation of Abel, or is that just indicating positioning of Abel on the left, and Melchizedek on the right on the picture shown above?

Nahh, not a reincarnate. Reincarnation is an eastern falsehood. lol. the picture is just symbolizing proper and righteous offerings unto the Lord. Both Abel's & Melchizedek's offerings were accepted. :)

The San Diego Temple also has the same symbol (Seal of Melchizedek) etched on the glass of the front doors. The symbol is found all throughout the temple.

I find you very fortunate that you have visited the San Diego Temple. I haven't seen it yet =( .

This symbol is found on many temples now. There is no spectacular meaning to it unless you apply one to it. It was the seal (for letters, epistles, etc) Melchizedek used as priest-king. Some people say it represents rebirth, eternal marriage and others.

My personal belief is that it represents Mortality and Immortality.

I noticed they used the symbol at the newly renovated Los Angeles Temple visitors' center. I have seen at many temples in subtle ways (similar to the sun, moon, star stones). But the San Diego Temple's entire motif is based on this symbol. I always thought of it as a representation of the higher priesthood, and the Star of David as a symbol of the lesser priesthood.

I came to the same conclusion. I love the symbol for it completes the star of Solomon or David. Instead of a triangle it is a square. It symbolizes the old and new covenant, being perfected

Edited by ConvinceTheWorld

One symbol I like that is super simple and yet profound is the circle in the square.

Posted Image

It represents the heaven and the earth coming together. The Trumpet Stone has a really nice explanation of it. I saw it when I went to see the Las Vegas Temple and always wondered what it was all about since it was big and prominently displayed. Once I read what is was about, I understood how it really fits with being on a Temple.

I believe I saw her building a alter to sacrifice a goat to the great gods of qualcomm stadium.

It wasn't a goat. It was a lamb. Get your animals straight.