I Am A New Member Here At Lds Talk

joseph_6981

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! My name is Joseph (or "Joe"), and I am a new member here at LDS Talk. I have recently found the Mormon religion and I am very interested in learning more about it.

Hi Joseph...I'm new here too! Just a couple of questions....

1. How did you find the Church? Where you introduced to it by a friend, did the Missionaries knock on your door, or did you just discover it in a book?

2. Are you a new convert or just investigating the Church?

Joseph, I am a convert to the church, I was Baptized 26 years ago and am only now starting to understand the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's a continual process, one which must be worked at everyday and one which brings unimaginable blessings to you and your family. If you want to really know what the Church is all about then read the Book of Mormon and get on your knees as in Moroni's promise and ask God whether the book is true....you will get your answer if you have faith and a contrite spirit when asking. You will find the book is real, and if the book is real so was Joseph Smith's first vision. No one or book can tell you whether the Church is true....only through the Holy Spirit may the truth be made manifest to you.

I have found the best starting point to learning about the church is in the Gospel Principles class on Sundays in your ward...it's a fantastic starting tool in learning the Gospel and the truth. And as you learn I promise you that it will seem like all your questions of where you came from, why you are here and where you are going will be answered. I remember as a new adult convert looking ahead at the changes that I had to make in my life to follow the Commandments and precepts of the Lords Church and thought how hard it was going to be. I was so wrong.....the Lord helped me every step of the way. There is one thing you do need to know if you are investigating the church and that is Satan will stop at nothing to keep you from progressing toward your salvation. He will throw all he can in your way. But hold on to the iron rod, endure and remember the Lord will be with you. He lives and he loves us. My God Bless you on your journey my brother!