Heavy topics boring.

Jennarator

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha. my facebook status actually does say "If anyone wants some cinnamon rolls or banana bread come over!" And, I posted it in the BYU-Idaho freshman group too :) I love baking for people.

Lol! I go home the opposite way. I live in IF. But thanks! I hope lots of cute boys come by for some. ;)

btw: I haven't got snow yet today! Woohoo! (Just got dumped on yesterday.)

Lol! I go home the opposite way. I live in IF. But thanks! I hope lots of cute boys come by for some. ;)

exactly the point :) And they are :) haha.

Some girls in my dorm hall made a snowman. All these Cali and Texas kids were running outside in Parkas. If they only knew what was coming next.

Some girls in my dorm hall made a snowman. All these Cali and Texas kids were running outside in Parkas. If they only knew what was coming next.

Totally what I did the first year I was here! I have only bee here 2 years. I came from California. Today I am just sporting a hoodie.

My family lived in Minnesota for five years before moving to Texas. I remember thinking everyone was crazy my first winter in Texas... all wearing big feathery-filled parkas at the bus stop when it was only 40 degrees out. If that. I was wearing shorts. And they all thought I was the crazy one. Lol.

Then I went back to Minnesota for college. It had been so long since I'd actually seen enough snow to play in that I practically went balistic for my first snowfall. I was trying to get everybody in the dorms together to go outside and "play". :) Looking back, I'm sure they all thought I'd NEVER seen snow before. I was just so excited.

I just returned from a trip to New York. I was able to get tickets for the Book of Mormon on broadway. It was excellent. I was much less offensive to mormonism than I had expected. There were even some songs that I expect missionaries will be singing. (two by two). The song "turn it off" hits the nail on the head.

Has anyone else seen the play?

Excuse me but I am just as Mormon as the rest of you. Why am I not allowed to share my thougts and opinions. The original post said "Heavy topics boring" so I simply asked who else has seen the book of mormon on broadway.

While I was there, there were missionaries all around the theater entrance and exit speaking to people. Why is that ok for the church to use the play as a talking point for the missionaries, but I cannot talk about the play on the general discussion forum?

No heavy topics on this thread, Sister.

HJ

Well if a broadway play is too heavy for you, I am sorry but I don't have a banana bread receipe. Not that this forum needs another one of those.

So anyone want to discuss Mama Mia or Wicked? I saw those too. Perhaps they are not as controversial, but they were also not nearly as fun.

Well if a broadway play is too heavy for you, I am sorry but I don't have a banana bread receipe. Not that this forum needs another one of those.

So anyone want to discuss Mama Mia or Wicked? I saw those too. Perhaps they are not as controversial, but they were also not nearly as fun.

How true. I can think of little that's more fun than a musical that curses God in the vilest language imaginable. Whoo hoo! What a blast!

How true. I can think of little that's more fun than a musical that curses God in the vilest language imaginable. Whoo hoo! What a blast!

Well Vort, I have no argument that the one song crossed the line, but other than that, what did you think of the rest of the play? I thought the singing talent and the choregraphy were spot on. Its pretty hard to find anything other than the Lion King that does not have an offensive line or two in it. Mind you they say that Scar was gay, so I guess that one is out to.

Well Vort, I have no argument that the one song crossed the line, but other than that, what did you think of the rest of the play? I thought the singing talent and the choregraphy were spot on. Its pretty hard to find anything other than the Lion King that does not have an offensive line or two in it. Mind you they say that Scar was gay, so I guess that one is out to.

Again, I have to agree. I get so tired of people talking bad about Dog Poop Cookies. I mean, hey, all right, there's ONE STINKING INGREDIENT that crosses the line!!! How about all the sugar and flour? The cookies are just amazing! As Antonio il Tigre says, They're GRRRRRREAT!