Yet another weird question, regarding life after death

LeKook

Guest Magen_Avot

LeKook,

There is wisdom in not sharing your experiences with everyone because most are unable to process things like this. I share that burden too.

You said, "Back in 2001 I dreamed about the plane crashing into the Pentagon, the Friday before it actually happened."

I've experienced a similar dream involving an airliner that crashed on the runway when a hole was torn into the side and a few people were thrown out. My place in the dream was right behind the seats next to the hole. I watched it on the news about a week later.

In regard to disembodied spirits (Those who have passed away), I can't imagine how continuous visits would impact my life. This makes me think of 'Ghost Whisperer" tv show which I enjoyed. If you wanted this to be limited to 'official' visits approved by the Lord, so to speak, then I would recommend look into getting a priesthood blessing putting 'you' off limits to unofficial visits and perhaps also a blessing on your home for the same thing.

Recently a family I know asked for a blessing on their home to keep a night time spirit visitor out and it worked of course. So I feel confident this may be something you might want to look into.

If you continue to get visits then you might just tell them that their intrusion is unwanted and refuse to render assistance or acknowledge their presence. Funny, I think that last answer came from an episode of "Ghost Whisperer".

Anyway, humor aside I wish you luck. And by the way, I responded to your 'Revelation' thread.

I have not had messages spoken to me but, ability to see events. I think it started happening when I was in my teens. some call it intuition.

My particular cases are seeing future events like:

-Seeing a car 30 seconds into the future that crossed into our path at a intersection. Trees were the blind spot and told mom to swerve to the far left as I just saw the cars corner come into view. We saved the drivers life, and possibly our own.

- Had a bad bad vibe our neighbor was going to get rapped. two days or so latter, she was rapped and moved her two kids with her from Washington to Alaska.

-I was on the opposite side of a mobile home, saw though moms eyes as she fell to the ground hard. I had a uneasy feeling something happen and went to other side mom broker her leg in a fall.

-Two days before the great Tsunami that hit Indonesia, I was in a vision of standing on a beach some where tropical. Debris was all over the beach and the village was totally destroyed. I then said to my wife "One of the greatest earthquake in history is going to happen on Christmas say. When we got to my moms and dads house, we were looking over cnn for the next two days, until it was late Christmas day when the quake hit.

So yes, predictions, clairvoyance abilities can happen.

BTW, how far back can you remember your childhood? Not that plays any ability in special abilities I just can remember when I was in the crib.

Guest Magen_Avot

I can't say I remember infancy, but I remember the play pen. I also remember talking to someone in the air above me but no details at all. When I had the missionary discussions this memory came to mind and I knew God, Christ and the Holy Ghost were three seperate beings.

My wife has seen bad events through her mothers eyes too. I've never experienced that but I know it happens.

• 2 weeks later...

From as far back as I can remember I've had visitations from folks who have already left this life. I don't go looking for these things to happen, they usually come to me and tell me their own stories, and sometimes ask me to contact folks who are still here.

I am very envious of you. I frequently ponder over the Spirit World and wonder exactly what they are doing. I would welcome experiences you are having in a heartbeat. If you have any pull or are able to make any deals, tell some of them to come and talk to me!

There are numerous accounts of members (and non-members) having interaction with spirits on the other side of the veil. It should be no great mystery to us at all. The great stumbling block is unbelief.

We know it is a place of incredible peace and joy. We know that these people are very busy; there's much work going on there.

When I think of the term "ministering of angels" I would rather think that this is merely interaction between them and us.

If I were in your shoes I'd ask them about all the details I possibly could. I want to know what its like there. Do they eat? What do they eat? Do they dance? Is there Rock n' Roll or Mormon Tabernacle Choir music only? Are there certain things they're allowed to say to you/us? Do they have someone controlling what they say to us mortals? If so, who?

I've had many dreams over the years that I was flying (no machines involved). It has been so real! I'd like to ask them how they travel. Can they fly?

I agree with others who have said that this is a spiritual gift. From what I've heard about such ministerings, the visitors are usually a close relative. If you're having visits from others I'd probably counsel with your bishop who has the keys and powers of discernment. Pres. Packer has given talks about spiritual experiences that they are reserved for the individual only unless moved upon by the Spirit to share with others.

So much for my two bits...

- Had a bad bad vibe our neighbor was going to get rapped. two days or so latter, she was rapped and moved her two kids with her from Washington to Alaska.

Was it Eminem, Snoop Dog, Jay Z? :P