Car Registration Difficulties

Backroads

Okay, it's time to renew my car registration. Yay. Actually, it expired last month. Difficulties, however, have delayed the process and I'm trying to wrap my head around the correct order to dealing with this.

Difficulties:

Utah DMV is incapable of sending me renewal notices and if they tried this year the post office failed to forward to my new address (I admit I should have changed my address with them a lot earlier).

I have changed my last name on my license. I assume I also have to change it on the registration.

I cannot find my current-yet-expired registration. It has vanished.

So... what order do I need to take care of all this in? Would I need to get a copy of my old expired registration in order to change the name and then renew it? (I admittedly do have the entire day off so I have the time to take care of it, but if possible I want to spend more time sitting home playing video games).

I haven't done this in Utah, but I have in three other states. You don't need to registration. Just write down the license plate number and bring that in with you, they can look it from there. Since you've changed your last name, bring in your current ID and if you changed your name because of marriage, bring in your marriage certificate. If you changed it for some other reason, bring in the paper from that. Good luck!

Actually, it's more complicated then I thought it would be--mostly because I want everything done at once. I wound up having to have the credit union send over a copy of the title so I could change my name on that so I could change my name on the registration so everything would match up.