Ontario, CA

john doe

Ontario is no where near the beach. There is a big outlet mall there, Ontario Mills. Other than that, there are cows and factory warehouses.

I'll have a car, and will be done by 4:00pm most days. By the map it's not that far to Newport Beach. I figure about an hour or so each way if I go. I've been to outlet malls before, they hold no draw for me.

Now you really need to go see if the picnic table is still there. Please take photos if you do!!

OK I have to agree its not there anymore. You can see the original photo on an old ebay listing. The thing was 2 miles long! No doubt the table was actually a number of tables attached together.

1940 Press Photo picnic table Ontario California 2-mile | eBay

Edited by annewandering

Yeah, the picnic table is no longer there.

But there is a giant chair at the Pacific Design Center in Hollywood.

Picture: Giant chair. Pacific Design Center, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA.

Giant chair sculpture outside Pacific Design Center. Hollywood, CA.

Giant Chair - Pacific Design Center | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Oh, and there is another giant chair at the LA MTA parking lot.

LA MTA Diary: big chair

Edited by bytebear

We have In-N-Out here in Utah, so it's no big thing to me. I do plan on hitting Jack in the Box at least once though. I don't mind driving around a little, so I'm sure I'll be going to Rancho Cucamonga sometime during the week.

Okay now I'm jealous. I miss Jack in the Box.

I missed Carls jr burgers with the green chili on them but never jack in the box. Idaho has jack in the boxes all over the place.

We have Carls Jrs all over the place here. I like their food but I think they are overpriced. About the only thing I buy from there anymore is their fried zucchini.

I served in Ontario for a few months during my mission. The only thing that I can think of in my old area that hasn't already been mentioned is the Graber Olive House, where some local olives are grown if you're into that kind of thing. They sell their own olive oil which I've heard is pretty good. A drive up and down Euclid Ave. is always worth it, and will take you to Upland where there's more things to do. ;) The neighboring city of Rancho Cucamonga is also a more exciting city.