This is who I am

circusboy01

Brother Ray Solema. 65 years old. Never married no kids. Baptizes in 1967. Ordained an Elder

1967 or 68 Excomm. in 1971 or 72. Got into a lot of drugs and alcohol. Did, in no way, lead a

righteous life style. This might be hard to believe, but, during this time I never lost my Testimony. I worked for a family, who were inactive Mormons. One day after days and days of El Nino rain. The lady of the house asked me to throw away a box that had been left out in the rain. When I went out I saw that the box was full of books and Mags. Looking closer I saw that there were Church book among the other books.I immediately noticed that the other book were distroyed ,B.O.M. History of the church, Answers to Gospel Questions, and Jesus The Christ, although water logged and Dirty were still readable.

I know we are not supposed to ask for signs. But I think it's o.k. if we see one when it's given. A few days later the Missionaries came to the house, looking to get the owners to come back to church.. I told them I was Excomm. and wanted to take the Missionary lessons and be re-baptizsd. To make a long story short. Or at least shorter:D I was baptized in 1998 In 1999

had my Priesthood and Temple recommend restored. Heavenly Father forgave me so thoroughly. That the church records have my baptism year as 1967. When He forgives He forgives completely.

I tend to ramble on. Some of my E-mails look like novels, So I'll end this now.

Perhaps at a later date I can tell you a little more about myself, and bare my testimony. If anyone would like to hear it. Brother Ray

Welcome to the site and thank you for your post!

Sometimes we get questions on the board regarding excommunication and "how long can it take to be rebaptized?". You had a long journey there just by the number of years and it also shows how fragile our membership can be.

Thanks again and welcome!

Welcome to the site and thank you for your post!

Sometimes we get questions on the board regarding excommunication and "how long can it take to be rebaptized?". You had a long journey there just by the number of years and it also shows how fragile our membership can be.

Thanks again and welcome!

Yes it was a long time. It also shows that it's never too late to ask for forgiveness, and get baptized again.

Although I will say that I'm not a fan of death bed confessions A sincere person wouldn't wair that long. But I'm sure there are exceptioins:) Brother Ray

I, for one, would LOVE to hear your testimony! The longer the better... Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

Actually my testimony isn't real long. Back in 1967,when the missionaries were giving me the lessons. One of the lessons taught that when Jesus was here on earth, with authority given to him by Heavenly Father. He formed a church. They went on to tell me that the church today is the very same church in the latter days. I instantly knew the church was true.

That was the day I committed to baptism. I didn't have to read and ponder the Book of Mormon to know it was true. I just knew. If the church was true it had to be true.

I didn't have to do a lot of praying to find out if Joseph Smith and David O McKay ( He was profit when I was baptized. ) were true profits of the Lord. If the church was true they had to be, and I knew, and still know the church is true. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. Brother Ray

Edited by circusboy01

Actually my testimony isn't real long. Back in 1967,when the missionaries were giving me the lessons. One of the lessons taught that when Jesus was here on earth, with authority given to him by Heavenly Father. He formed a church. They went on to tell me that the church today is the very same church in the latter days. I instantly knew the church was true.

That was the day I committed to baptism. I didn't have to read and ponder the Book of Mormon to know it was true. I just knew. If the church was true it had to be true.

I didn't have to do a lot of praying to find out if Joseph Smith and David O McKay ( He was profit when I was baptized. ) were true profits of the Lord. If the church was true they had to be, and I knew, and still know the church is true. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. Brother Ray

That is awesome! Thank you for sharing!