Mysterious stone carvings found in Jerusalem

nosmelone

Okay. We have PROVEN that it is part of a gate address... where are the other three symbols?

Actually, it is probably the base for some kind of wooden structure, and the wife was like, no, it looks better over here... oh, I changed my mind, let's move it over here... no no, turn it around, and the husband was like, do you KNOW how long it takes me to carve this V out in the stone with my little hammer?!?

Okay. We have PROVEN that it is part of a gate address... where are the other three symbols?

Actually, it is probably the base for some kind of wooden structure, and the wife was like, no, it looks better over here... oh, I changed my mind, let's move it over here... no no, turn it around, and the husband was like, do you KNOW how long it takes me to carve this V out in the stone with my little hammer?!?

LOL! I'm convinced that your right!

I was thinking star gate too. Nice! But it may have looked a little different when it glowed and rotated.

The period is after Enoch (if the guess is +- a hundred fifty years or so) and during Methusalah, Lamech and when Noah was a strapping young guy of nearly 200 hundred years. Noah was an Elder at 10 years old (assuming they had the office of Elder). Old Jewish texts make Jerusalem an important place going way back before Abraham so since it was before Ipads took off it is conceivable the room may have been used as a Temple or maybe even for initiatories if I care to make that stretch... uh, yeah I guess I'll entertain that since it makes more sense than a jello mold factory or what did someone say? Graffiti? :D

Edited by Magen_Avot

Actually Anne, earth was the SOURCE of humans for the rest of the galaxy. See the aliens wanted slaves that were easy to use, and our bodies are easy for them to heal, so they use us as hosts, so they took humans FROM earth to other planets thru the stargate. That is why SG1 always encounters other people on other planets that speak english.

ok I have been doing more looking at the markings.

One. The markings that look like an V with the feet looks like the footing of an altar of some sort.

Two the other three are markings that we do recognize after turning them sideways. I have no, or little doubt that is what they are.

I believe, with the little information we have, that they are markings at the foot of some sort of altar, pillar or podium. How about the podium for the Arc of the Covenant? Just a thought.

If this is so then it is very important. It is in the area of the temple of solomon. While many believe the temple is covered by the Mosque many are beginning to believe that is not true. Now of course that temple is of a later date but what was the criteria for the temple grounds to begin with? Was it just built anywhere or was it built on the site of a previous Holy spot? Could this be an underground area of an original temple built before Solomons Temple?

Temple Study has wrote an article on this

http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=1612733511&clmigstart=20110815

Matti Friedman of the Associated Press published news about a recent excavation in the City of David in Jerusalem, near the Gihon Spring. The excavation revealed an interesting set of markings carved into the stone floor of a room, and expert archeologists cannot determine what their meaning or use was. The markings consist of three “V” marks, or perhaps gammadia “Γ,” although one is inverted from the other two, plus a straight line mark. They date to about 800 B.C.

None of the experts are even guessing at what these marks were use for, or why they’re there; “no one… has any idea.” The report does venture some speculation, however,

“They might have had a ritual function or one that was entirely mundane… The purpose of the complex is part of the riddle. The straight lines of its walls and level floors are evidence of careful engineering, and it was located close to the most important site in the city, the spring, suggesting it might have had an important function. A unique find in a room beside the one with the markings -- a stone like a modern grave marker, which was left upright when the room was filled in -- might offer a clue. Such stones were used in the ancient Middle East as a focal point for ritual or a memorial for dead ancestors, the archaeologists say… But the ritual stone does not necessarily mean the whole complex was a temple. It might simply have marked a corner devoted to religious practice in a building whose purpose was commonplace.”

It’ll be interesting to see what they discover further about these strange markings. They remind me of some similar stone markings I saw a few years ago that date from a completely different time and place, found on the exterior wall of a very old church in Toledo, Spain. I took a picture, below.