Duct Tape

StrawberryFields

another use for duct tape.....customer comes into our RV dealership...he own a big diesel RV....they have 2 big windows for windshields....one fell out while driving....it did not fall to the ground nor did it fall inside the coach...somehow it fell out of place....he pulled over and got the Duct tape out and taped the window back into place and went on his way...true story...... B)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother calls it 500 mile an hour tape. It was used to tape on wings of airplanes. Back in the day when wings on some planes were fabric it could be used for repairs.

Here is another use. If you have a wart place a small piece of duct tape on the wart, enough to fully cover it. Leave it there for four weeks. Take tape off and wart will have died and be gone.

PS: do not use on face or other place where it would be visible. You would spend all the time explaining it.

It does not work on moles just warts. I have done it and it works. Wart is smothered.

Ben Raines

My brother calls it 500 mile an hour tape. It was used to tape on wings of airplanes. Back in the day when wings on some planes were fabric it could be used for repairs.

Here is another use. If you have a wart place a small piece of duct tape on the wart, enough to fully cover it. Leave it there for four weeks. Take tape off and wart will have died and be gone.

PS: do not use on face or other place where it would be visible. You would spend all the time explaining it.

It does not work on moles just warts. I have done it and it works. Wart is smothered. Ben Raines If it isn't smothered by then, the extreme stickyness of the tape will O U C H !!!

<div class='quotemain'>

:dontknow: I have heard that duct tape is used for 'support' when wearing a backless dress.

That is actually very true that women will use duct tape to create cleavage in a backless dress.

The best fun that I have ever witnessed was people using the varied colors of duct tape to create medieval outfits.

Also if you are making clothing for yourself and you want to get accurate measurements, you create a duct tape dummy of your body.

We love duct tape around my house and my favorite color to use is the purple!

so i swear i saw someone mention after this post that they saw duct tape dresses and suits but now i cant find it, maybe im goin crazy.... anyway

my brother likes to make wallets out of ductap they last long too, and r cheep, lol

im a big fan of ductap too, sounds like it can do almost anything, its superman

only 2 things in a redneck toolbox:

Duct tape and WD-40....

Rule #1 If it's stuck and shouldn't be, use WD-40.

Rule #2 if it ain't stuck and should be, use duct tape. :wow:

too true, my husband has a company "Redneck Installations" the slogan is "for when JB Weld and Duct Tape just wont work".

Hes used it weatherproof windows, fix leaky pipes, tape cables to the carpet so people dont trip, tape tarp to a leaky rook, tape a rip in a trash bag before it falls open. This is just some of his favorite

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

:dontknow: I have heard that duct tape is used for 'support' when wearing a backless dress.

That is actually very true that women will use duct tape to create cleavage in a backless dress.

The best fun that I have ever witnessed was people using the varied colors of duct tape to create medieval outfits.

Also if you are making clothing for yourself and you want to get accurate measurements, you create a duct tape dummy of your body.

We love duct tape around my house and my favorite color to use is the purple!

so i swear i saw someone mention after this post that they saw duct tape dresses and suits but now i cant find it, maybe im goin crazy....

Could this be it post 22 http://www.ducttapefashion.com/

<div class='quotemain'>

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I hope my face gets back to normal. :o

Desire,

What are you doing with that duct tape on your face???? What did Ben say?? Besides you don't have any warts! :D:P Just joking....don't be throwing things at me now...lol :)

lol. How woudld you know if I have warts?

I could have a huge fat one on my forehead.

Infact... it is like 15cm by 4cm! LOL!

(haha. I would say I really don't have one, but who would believe me now? :lol: )

Thimble for sewing. I HATE the regular thimbles - my finger doesn't "breathe"and it gets so wet that the thimble pops off. I make one with duct tape around a small piece of hard plastic, then make it like a ring that only fits to the first joint of my finger.

I also use duct tape to secure my heavy duty rubber gloves around my forearms so no water and gunk can get in.

Tape an old towel to the broom so I can "sweep" the spider webs and cob webs off the ceiling.

Use it to remove cat hair from my wool skirts and the sofa. AND to remove eeny-teeny tiny splinters from hands.

Will NOT work in removing those stray eyebrows that are on the chin and upper lip though :exclam:

some other suggestions for duct tape.

rope( braid it and its stronger than most rope)

good to kidnap younger siblings

belt

hold up stockings

keeping the skimmer on the pole for the pool

patch a boat

make cups for drinking water

hemming pants in a hurry

finger straps for boxing or broken fingers

another one...

My sisters who went on missions say its a sister missionaries favoiret sewing kit...when the hems of skirts would fall out, they dont have time to fix it so they used duct tape to hold the hem up till next p-day when they did have time...say it worked like a charm, lol