Life after death is a joyful fact

NeuroTypical

Daniel Peterson is one of my favorite mormons. Scholar, professor, disciple, and apologist who isn't afraid of wading through the muck a bit. And, he has a habit of collecting and disseminating touching stories that strengthen testimonies and warm hearts.

Deseret News: Life after death is a joyful fact

Loudmouth you know Americans are not suppose to talk about death. :lol:

It is a joyful fact for those that die.

It is not joyous for those who they leave behind.

You could say the same thing about missionaries leaving, friends going off to college, children getting married. Death is one of many transitions you experience.

As the philosopher poet said, "Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again."

You could say the same thing about missionaries leaving, friends going off to college, children getting married. Death is one of many transitions you experience.

As the philosopher poet said, "Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again."

Missionaries come home, friends are still on facebook, married children visit during the holidays. Death... well, that's pretty much it until you die too.

I can recall this from years ago, and almost forgot about it. But there have been instances not only in the lds faith, but other faiths that the spirits of the diseased visit relatives soon after they pass away.

Again, it was my wifes mom who said she saw her uncle visiting her briefly and glowing soon after his death. He was not of the LDS faith.