What Are You Having For Dinner?

Winnie G

We arrived home with three pounds of thawed out hamburger in our cooler from our trip out west. So for the next few days we will be eating that.

Tonight, grate Sunday dinner is Sloppy Joes. The left over’s will then go in to Spaghetti then finely home made chili.

Three pounds can go a long way and what is left over is made in to freezer dinners for the elders.

So what are you making to night?

I would love to hear new ideas. :idea:

It's been way to long since we had this so it tasted so good.

Roast beef cooked in the pressure cooker.

Potatoes and gravy, corn and rolls. :)

Winnie when I have a lot of hamburger that needs to be cooked, I cook it all at once and then freeze it in freezer bags. I like having the mess only once. B)

It's been way to long since we had this so it tasted so good.

Roast beef cooked in the pressure cooker.

Potatoes and gravy, corn and rolls. :)

Winnie when I have a lot of hamburger that needs to be cooked, I cook it all at once and then freeze it in freezer bags. I like having the mess only once. B)

I will trade you my peanut butter sandwich for some of your Roast Beef?????......... :dontknow:

Chuck Roast cooked in a slow roaster with onion soup mix all over it and about 1 cup of water. Cooked at 275 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Then add peeled and quartered potatoes and one onion quartered. Cook for 15 minutes, add carrots cut into chunks, cook another 15 to twenty minutes. Steamed fresh asparagus with melted cheese sauce.

Remove meat, scrape onion mix off of meat and put back into pan, remove potatoes, onions and carrots. Add 1& 1/2 cup water and clean all the leavings up off of the pan, put into saucepan large enough to hold it plus 1/2 c more of water mixed with 1/3 cup flour that has been shook till smooth. Bring water and meat leavings to a boil, add flour water and cook about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper if needed. While the gravy is being cooked, put fresh asparagus in a steamer pan and steam until done. Melt enough cheese spread to serve with them.

MMMmmmm good.

Tuesday I am doing a pork roast the same way- only it is smaller so it will cook in less time, with baked squash (butternut and acorn). Monday we are having Rib Eye Steaks, baked spuds and steamed yellow, green zucchini, celery, onions with cheese sauce.

IF there are any leftovers, then the meat(s) get cut or shredded into the leftover gravy and served over rice or noodles or bread or a plate and spoon. We have lots of frozen vegetables- I just may cut/shred the meats add to a bag of frozen vegetables (that have been cooked and add pesto sauce/ alfredo sauce/ creamy tomato sauce, or the gravy and make a one dish meal.

Later on in the week we will have boneless/skinless chicken fryed in a bit of olive oil, with some italian dressing mix sprinkled on them. (don't mix the dressing up - just use the dried mix and sprinkle it like it is salt. Sparingly - too much and you will be drinking water all WEEK!) with a bag of frozen vegetables - a blend of several kinds.