The Day Of His Birth And Of His Death

DisRuptive1

Guest TheProudDuck

Speaking of days, today is the 911th day since 9/11. I read that it was Osama bin Laden's birthday, too, but haven't been able to confirm it. Weird coincidence, if true.

I am not sure about the day, but most scholars believe Jesus was born in 3 or 4 BC (not a zero year) so the death year would probably be 31 AD.

Now, one could technically calculate the day Passover took place in that year, looking at the lunar schedule since the holiday occurs on Nisan 14 (Jewish calander) and according to the Gospels, Jesus was arrested and tried that night. So He would have died the day after passover - a Friday, I suppose.

As far as his birth, we just know that it wasn't December 25th. The shepards were in their fields which they wouldn't do in winter. The Dec 25th date was incorporated from the pagan 'Sun' god as its birthday.

Interested to find out what everyone has to say.

Guest Starsky

So inactivetx....would the Jewish calander ..being put into our calander show his death around April 6th?

And...about the birth...it was revealed to JS the day that the church should be established...that it was the birth date of the Savior. April 6th.

2 Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.

3 Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre.

4 So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.

5 And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in.

6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

8 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.

9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must aris again from the dead.

10 Then the disciples went away again unto their own home.

11 But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,

12 And seeth two aangels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

13 And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.

14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and asaw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.

15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.

16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet bascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were aassembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

Someone said he had been resurrected on the first day, I think thats when it started but it wasnt completed until the third day

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet bascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

as you can read it had not been fully completed.

just a thought

Laureltree

Guest curvette

Originally posted by inactivetx@Mar 11 2004, 06:37 AM

I am not sure about the day, but most scholars believe Jesus was born in 3 or 4 BC (not a zero year) so the death year would probably be 31 AD.

Right. They come to this conclusion because, according to the Bible, Herod the Great ordered the slaughter of the babies around the time Jesus was born. Herod the Great died in 4 b.c. So, if King Herod only lived a few months after the massacre, this would be the year Jesus was born. He also could have been born a year or two before that.

Also I'm assuming he rose on a Sunday. The Sabbath was on a Saturday but because their were so many people they added Friday to the Sabbath in order to do their burnt offerings and such. The reason they broke his legs and the legs of the other 2 criminals also crucified was because they couldn't have them alive on the sabbath. So as the sun set they made sure to set in motion their death so that they would be dead by sundown. So using this logic Jesus must have been crucified on a Thursday. He must have also bled for our sins on a Thursday.

P.S. Me, in church.

Posted Image

Originally posted by Peace@Mar 11 2004, 09:54 AM

So inactivetx....would the Jewish calander ..being put into our calander show his death around April 6th?

And...about the birth...it was revealed to JS the day that the church should be established...that it was the birth date of the Savior. April 6th.

Peace,

Don't have a copy of the 3AD Jewish calander with me, but I thought it would be an idea.

And it is amazing how much I don't know about the Church! I was only active for about a year before I moved into obscurity. The missionaries are now going through the discussion with me again after finding me 7 years later. This board is really giving me an education, thanks!!

Here is a website called:

The Dates of our Messiah’s Birth and Death

http://www.studiesintheword.org/jesus_birth.htm

I just skimmed it and I can't agree with everything they've speculated about but it is kind of interesting. There are 2 links titled 22-36 AD and 6 BC through 1 AD that are Jewish Calendar charts.

M.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by inactivetx+Mar 12 2004, 06:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (inactivetx @ Mar 12 2004, 06:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Peace@Mar 11 2004, 09:54 AM

Peace,

Don't have a copy of the 3AD Jewish calander with me, but I thought it would be an idea.

And it is amazing how much I don't know about the Church! I was only active for about a year before I moved into obscurity. The missionaries are now going through the discussion with me again after finding me 7 years later. This board is really giving me an education, thanks!!

Cool! :)

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Maureen@Mar 12 2004, 09:08 AM

Here is a website called:

The Dates of our Messiah’s Birth and Death

http://www.studiesintheword.org/jesus_birth.htm

I just skimmed it and I can't agree with everything they've speculated about but it is kind of interesting. There are 2 links titled 22-36 AD and 6 BC through 1 AD that are Jewish Calendar charts.

M.

Wow Thanks Maureen. Interesting.

Guest Starsky

There is obviously some logic for the theory that Yeshua was born on the 1st day of the Feast, September 16th, then circumcised on the eighth day, September 22nd. What some call the Last Great Day is called the Eighth Day by the Jews and by the Bible. There may also be a parallel theory for John: Born on Passover, March 21st; circumcised on the last day the Feast of Unleavened Bread, March 28th, again the eighth day. To repeat, important events seem to occur on the High Days.

This is interesting logic.... John is born closer to April 6th than Jesus according to this....

But I wonder....if it is so easy to figure...When did the Lord ever do the expected thing.... :D

Guest curvette

I didn't think it seemed that "easy" to figure. They also stated several times that this is simply a possibility and their opinion. It does make a lot of sense though. We do know that it would have had to be 4 bc or earlier because we do know the date of Herod's death and he was definitely alive when Jesus was born.

Originally posted by curvette@Mar 12 2004, 10:30 AM

I didn't think it seemed that "easy" to figure. They also stated several times that this is simply a possibility and their opinion. It does make a lot of sense though. We do know that it would have had to be 4 bc or earlier because we do know the date of Herod's death and he was definitely alive when Jesus was born.

Across two thousand years, I doubt we can be absolutely sure of the date of Herod's death

Originally posted by srm@Mar 12 2004, 10:52 AM

Across two thousand years, I doubt we can be absolutely sure of the date of Herod's death.

It looks like we don't know the exact date of his death but it appears that doctors may have discovered what he died from.

More than 2,000 years after Herod the Great succumbed at age 69, doctors have now settled on exactly what killed the king of ancient Judea: chronic kidney disease complicated by a very uncomfortable case of maggot-infested gangrene of the genitals.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/Dai...erod020125.html

M.

Originally posted by Maureen@Mar 12 2004, 11:13 AM

More than 2,000 years after Herod the Great succumbed at age 69, doctors have now settled on exactly what killed the king of ancient Judea: chronic kidney disease complicated by a very uncomfortable case of maggot-infested gangrene of the genitals.

Man! Talk about coincidence.

Hey the rest of you guys, and I think ya'll know who I am talking about, don't you just hate it when that happens? I know I do.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Snow+Mar 12 2004, 11:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Mar 12 2004, 11:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Maureen@Mar 12 2004, 11:13 AM

Man! Talk about coincidence.

Hey the rest of you guys, and I think ya'll know who I am talking about, don't you just hate it when that happens? I know I do.

LOL....I didn't get it at first....LOL You are a character Snow!

Guest Taoist_Saint

Originally posted by Peace@Mar 12 2004, 02:23 PM

They did have strange medical practices back then.... :huh:

I guess the maggots eat infected or dead tissue. Apparantly it was common to do this even earlier in the 20th Century.

I heard on the news that in some countries (I think it was in Europe) they are legalizing the use of "prescription maggots" to fight infection.

It is supposed to help people cut down on their use of antibiotics.

I think the maggots need to be sterilized or something, so don't try that at home.