What Do You Believe About Holy Communion?

Holly3278

Guest ApostleKnight

From the LDS scriptures:

"For, behold, I say unto you, that it mattereth not what ye shall eat or what ye shall drink when ye partake of the sacrament, if it so be that ye do it with an eye single to my glory—remembering unto the Father my body which was laid down for you, and my blood which was shed for the remission of your sins." (D&C 27:2)

The LDS sacrament of the Lord's Supper is a symbolic ordinance. We do not believe that any phenomenon similar to transubstantiation occurs during the ordinance. It is merely bread and water; sanctified bread and water, but not flesh and blood.

From the LDS scriptures:

"For, behold, I say unto you, that it mattereth not what ye shall eat or what ye shall drink when ye partake of the sacrament, if it so be that ye do it with an eye single to my glory—remembering unto the Father my body which was laid down for you, and my blood which was shed for the remission of your sins." (D&C 27:2)

The LDS sacrament of the Lord's Supper is a symbolic ordinance. We do not believe that any phenomenon similar to transubstantiation occurs during the ordinance. It is merely bread and water; sanctified bread and water, but not flesh and blood.

Oh okay thanks!

I am Community of Christ and I believe it to be the blood and body of CHrist. I take it for the remission of my sins and to remember the covenant I made with Him at the waters of baptism.

Hi Blessed....I have a question...being RLDS or Community of Christ as it is called now.....does your church still have a Prophet or Prophetess? And forgive me if I am wrong, I heard that your church no longer recognizes the Book of Mormon as scripture....is this right? Just curious! Thanks!

Hello Brother Dorsey,

Our church still has a prophet, Stephen Veavey. He was confimed into his role as prophet, seer, and revelator in June '05. We still use and consider the Book of Mormon as Holy Scripture, yes. For more facts on our beliefs visit our homepage at www.cofchrist.org OR continue to ask me and I will be happy to answer. :-)

There are many, but many that draw us together in likeness. We have women in our priesthood for one. We don't subscribe to the Adam-God theory and we don't have temple rituals. We have one temple and it is located in Independence where all can come to visit. We still have the Doctrine and Covenants where it is an open canon. We use the Inspired Version of the Bible as well. Ummm, we have open communion too. Some of our services are tradtional while others are contemporary. Does that help?

Yes. A little bit. Why do woman get priesthood?

Women don't get priesthood. They are called of God to serve in that role. Not everyone is called just as not all men are called.

Doesn't that take away from the sacredness they already have? Like childbearing?

No. If anything it adds to their sacredness or their expression of it. Not all women can give birth. Does this make them less sacred? I don't follow your reasoning, so please, explain.

I don't believe in the Adam-God theory either... So you believe in Joseph Smith?

I don't believe in Joseph Smith. I believe he was called of God to be a prophet and to aid in bringing the fullness of the gospel to us all.

Hope that helps. :)

Doesn't that take away from the sacredness they already have? Like childbearing?

No. If anything it adds to their sacredness or their expression of it. Not all women can give birth. Does this make them less sacred? I don't follow your reasoning, so please, explain.

Of course. I am aware not all woman can have kids, what is why I said like.

I personally like only men getting the priesthood because woman have other and just as important work to do.

That is all, and that is my opinion. :)

I once heard it said that if a man is rightously honoring and using the priesthood he would develop feelings of and love for service, paticence, humility, empathy, compasion, etc.

Since women are usually described with those traits as part of their nature I took it to mean that women don't need the priesthood because we are already more perfect. if my husband needed that little extra something to help teach him things that will help him become more like Jesus, then i am more than happy to let him serve me and our children through this gift he holds.

lol, before this gets a firestorm of responses, the first part is true, the second part is a joke. :lol: