You've Been Boo'ed

Dr T

Just wanted to share what my neighborhood used to do during halloween when I lived in La Verne, CA. The community would take a gift basket to a house. The basket would have fun things like candy, apple cider, candles, a book, etc. The person that received the basket had to put a sign in their window that says "Boo." Some people put a full page with a lot of "boo" all over the page but you can do it however you want. This informs the others that you have already received a basket. That person must then "boo" someone else with a gift basket of their own. It was really fun. We didn't tell each other who "booed" whom. Just thought I'd share the fun we used to have. :ph34r:

Dr. T

Just wanted to share what my neighborhood used to do during halloween when I lived in La Verne, CA. The community would take a gift basket to a house. The basket would have fun things like candy, apple cider, candles, a book, etc. The person that received the basket had to put a sign in their window that says "Boo." Some people put a full page with a lot of "boo" all over the page but you can do it however you want. This informs the others that you have already received a basket. That person must then "boo" someone else with a gift basket of their own. It was really fun. We didn't tell each other who "booed" whom. Just thought I'd share the fun we used to have. :ph34r:

Dr. T

many years ago i used to walk from school in san dimas to the laverne library to be picked up about 530 pm...5-7 grades...spent a lot of time at the chevron station helping pump gas, and they pump jockeys would buy me ice cream at the tastee-freeze behind it

We make nice gift bags filled with candy and add a scripture passage geared to children.

When else do you have a couple of hundren people come to your door to hear the gospel?

Hey Miztrniceguy,

Small world. I lived in San Dimas for a short time before moving to La Verne. :) I miss a restaurant named Mayan Food on Arrow Hwy. It was one of the best!

Dr. T

long long time ago since i'm almost 41 and was about 12 at the time...went to Calvary Baptist for 3 years....my sisters and i had a long walk every day

We do something similar to Dr, T here. We do the sign, and instead of a basket it is a plate of some homemade treats. You might think that sounds a little scary but it has been tradition that we do those who we know and who will carry it along.

So far no one has died from it. :lol:

I live in Utah

We do something similar to Dr, T here. We do the sign, and instead of a basket it is a plate of some homemade treats. You might think that sounds a little scary but it has been tradition that we do those who we know and who will carry it along.

So far no one has died from it. :lol:

I live in Utah

i use to live in utah, and i remember doing that also...we loved it. i am now in cleveland and they dont seem to do it here which is sad...i think next year i will start it and see what happenes.

the church did how ever send out this really cute poem.

Being a Christian is alot like a pumpking. Christ comes and picks you up dusts you off and makes you clean. he then tuches you inside with his love and kindness and scrapes out all the yuck and seeds of anger, hate, and unkindness. he then carves a butifull smile and puts his light inside for all the world to see.

When else do you have a couple of hundren(d) people come to your door to hear the gospel?

I've never had 100 people come to my door for halloween. Back when the kids were younger we would get around 50; now the kids have all grown up, we're lucky if we get 5 kids. :closedeyes:

M.

<div class='quotemain'>

We didn't do it this year either. I just remembered it last night (that's why I posted it). Maybe we can do it next year. :)

What am I missing? It is still before Halloween so why can't it still be done?

Marsha

Your right Marsha. :) I said the same thing to my wife and she said, "We should have started earlier so that other people could have time to get into it." I'll suggest it again tonight.

Thanks

<div class='quotemain'>

We didn't do it this year either. I just remembered it last night (that's why I posted it). Maybe we can do it next year. :)

What am I missing? It is still before Halloween so why can't it still be done?

Marsha

It really should be started early in the month of Oct. for it to make the rounds to many. I am in a new area and I didn't get 'hit' this year but I can see those who did. I should have been the one to start it here but it didn't occur to me.

<div class='quotemain'>

Hey Miztrniceguy,

Small world. I lived in San Dimas for a short time before moving to La Verne. :) I miss a restaurant named Mayan Food on Arrow Hwy. It was one of the best!

Dr. T

long long time ago since i'm almost 41 and was about 12 at the time...went to Calvary Baptist for 3 years....my sisters and i had a long walk every day

Hey Guys... REALLY small world! I currently WORK in San Dimas and I'm actually going to be there this weekend to do a halloween activity.. Live Clue!

Hey insertwittynamehere,

Please tell me that Mayan Food is still there. I haven't been there for years. It's right next to Hollywood video (I think) and a book store. Crown books? Maybe even a Target-I don't remember. All I can remember is the great taste of their Mayan burrito and quesadilla! Let me know. We will be coming down that way for Christmas. What do you do in San Dimas? Is Raging Waters still there?

Thank you,

Dr. T

P.S. Say hi to Bill and Ted for me. :lol: ( :mellow: Ted might still be mad at me though...)