Protection not confinement!!!!!

Hala401

I just read a very romantic and engaging series of books, and I must say for a person of my background, they were extremely healing with great psychology and understanding the effect of great abuse and bad parents has on young children, and the trauma that just goes on and on if not treated.

So then I began to search Forums for similar work and at every turn they were recommending some very rough, and icky books. How could they see a similarity there? I do not know.

So now, I see that I let my guard down, and while I am not sorry I read those books, I am now much aware of what making close approach to the sun, and it's dangers might be like.

One of my favorite stories (heard it as a youth, just summarizing what I remember from many yrs ago lol) is about a boy asking his dad what keeps his kite in the air. His father tells him the string. The boy replies something like "no dad, the string holds it down. I want to know what holds it up." So the dad tells him to let go of the string. The kite gets tossed around with the wind and crashes. The same is true for the commandments. What seems to be keeping us grounded is actually keeping us up. It keeps us from getting tossed around in the violent winds of the world that will send us crashing.

I never felt loved. My self image was so bad that even when I did not do anything wrong, I still felt as if I should go to hell. As a child, I would sometimes do something to get punished just to get someone to acknowledge that I was there.

Since My first contact with the Sisters, it has been a long path but now it feels like I am finally starting to get it with the rules and things.