Bishop and sunday school.

sudmex

Hi, two years ago our stake president asked bishops to teach the Gospel Principles lessons for new converts and investigators at the time of sunday school. My stake is in Mexico and as far as I know it is a standard down here.

I've heard that in other countrys this is not a must.

What do your bishop do when it is sunday school time?

Sorry for my english.

Thank you.

Hi, two years ago our stake president asked bishops to teach the Gospel Principles lessons for new converts and investigators at the time of sunday school. My stake is in Mexico and as far as I know it is a standard down here.

I've heard that in other countrys this is not a must.

Sorry for my english.

Thank you.

He is wherever he feels he needs to be at that time. If that means he is visiting a member who is either inactive, or cannot leave home due to age.

He is giving shorts talks in primary. He is visiting with the young men, especially the young men seeing he is the President of the priest quorum.

He sits in Sunday School class and talks on his iphone.... and before anyone come and get angry with me for saying that, I love him!:P But that's exactly what he does during Sunday School.

He is wherever he feels he needs to be at that time. If that means he is visiting a member who is either inactive, or cannot leave home due to age.

He is giving shorts talks in primary. He is visiting with the young men, especially the young men seeing he is the President of the priest quorum.

Pretty much what mine does also, occasionally he'll even be in Gospel Doctrine class if he doesn't need to be elsewhere

Mine does the same - always on the move

Bishops have too much to do to be teaching a set class every Sunday in my opinion. Our Bishopric sit in different classes each week making sure everyone knows they have support from the primary, to the youth, to the adult classes. One member however is generally in with the Gospel Principles class.