Is "stranger danger" a myth

prisonchaplain

I appreciate the sentiment, especially toward those who would undercut actual victims of horrific crimes. But unless their "street justice" involves savagely beating the women who falsely cry "rape", it ain't street justice. Being told off and called naughty names at a group meeting renders no justice either to the legitimate victims of rape or to the falsely accused man.

Person, Vort. Person.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But unless their "street justice" involves savagely beating the women who falsely cry "rape", it ain't street justice. Being told off and called naughty names at a group meeting renders no justice either to the legitimate victims of rape or to the falsely accused man.

Again, I'm hesitant to share the stories I've heard on this subject - it's a 'what happens in vegas stays in vegas' sort of thing, and sharing another's stories is considered a violation of the sanctity of the group session. I shouldn't know the stories in the first place. All I'm willing to offer is a vaguely painted picture, and a calm standing-by of my earlier statement.

Anatess' point is valid about 2% of the time. In other words, maybe one or two out of every hundred people seeking help at a rape crisis center is a male. (At least that was the running stat when I knew something about such things, which was 1997.)

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon